468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats been working in west bay recently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats been working in west bay recently?

Coming down in a week, been wondering what the water has been like and what everyone has been catching the fish on?

Bone super spook jrs, black she dogs, char/pearl she dogs, chrome/blue she dogs on topwaters. Plum/char Assassins, plum/Chad Big Nastys, Assassins, and bone diamond Assassins.

AQUA PIMP
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Sounds like everything is working. Just throw what you have confidence in.

Comment

Thanks! Hoping the winds blow the right way and I can hit the surf

Comment

Bone/Char She Dogs and She pups on top and Chicken on a Chain Assassins and shad for me. Mostly tops... have caught as many fish at 10 or 11am on top as I have at daylight but the biggest fish have been early...find bait stay with it and keep chunking the fish will usually come around....lots of bait in Wbay right now all along the south shoreline and at the Pass...Surf has been off color and rough the past few days but if it cleans up the fishing shoud be good. Hoping for light winds in the am with more se than sw....

Comment

ditto on the ss/jr's, we've had a lot of success with texas roach ttk's fished on 1/16-1/8th oz. jig heads and speckled trout pattern tops as well as bone. when the wind pics up will move up to a little larger bait to stay on top. the topwater bite has extended later than "normal" for this early to mid summer season with the typical morning bite extending into lunch time on occasions.

we've done good in west primarily because we have really focused on finding fish sign rather than what we are throwing. this simple change in philosophy can make all the difference.

Comment

agreed on the longer top water bite, seen some all day long due to them feeding higher in the water column. Caught 2 reds this morning on a bone treuse, and clown super spook full size and had 10 other or so blow ups but none could stay on.

Comment

Working...
              X