8/25/2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8/25/2011

Left ot of Marlin Marine around 5am. Running out of Bastrop Bayou out to hit our normal wading spot (SLP area). Throwing topwaters bone SSJr. Ending up boxing 9 before the sharls were wanting the trout more than we were. We ended up running back towards chocolate bay hitting another spot before heading in from the rain storm. Was a good day, better than being at work... Caught Smacks, blue runners, pompano, all on tops... weird day... Sorry for no pics

OH YEAH... going back into Bastrop Bayou (the mouth) watch the right side as there is a log that looks like an island. It is huge... We were running in the rain so i could not stop and mark it for coordinates.. Its on the left as you are going out to the bay..
    Team Tres Compadres
    Chris H.

"Clear Skies and Tight Lines"

and lost 2 gun dawgs......
    Team Tres Compadres
    Chris H.

Comment

Sounds fun and post pictures of the rain if you can. I need to post them in my yard! Glad you made it out and thanks for the report...

Comment

great report and catching!
        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Randy,
          It poured down that day. Wished we could have more like that. We saw it coming as we made a drift.. .Lookiing back at the 2004 bridge we saw it coming down... Saw the lighting and hauled arse...
          Team Tres Compadres
          Chris H.

Comment

We spotted what looked to be a water spout on Saturday. We were running from Sea Isle to JB and to the north was a spout. It was strange because there wasn't a cloud in the sky and this thing was rising up. It only lasted for a few minutes and two boats were hauling arse toward the s. Shoreline. Dunno, Maybe it was the BudLight Lime from JT's place messing with me?

Comment

LoL... That happened to me in galveston.
              Team Tres Compadres
              Chris H.

Comment

Sounds like fun
                the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Working...
                X