8/29 Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8/29 Report

Couldn't sleep, crawled out of bed an hour early, loaded up the boat, headed to a ramp in Chocolate. Got on the water about 515, headed thru the fog and Choc Bayou to West Bay, to fish a reef I've neglected a long time. The first 20 minutes had a few blow ups but no takers so I switched to a plum/char tail, the 2nd or 3rd cast I had a fish hit it before it hit the water, or at least it seemed, she came out of the water shaking her head and spit it back at me, argggg. a few minutes later a solid bite and a nice 18 or 19 inch trout that shook out of my hand before I pulled my stringer argggg. Okay, I'm feeling like a idiot, should have 4 fish strung and I'm burning precious fishing time. About 30 minutes later I landed and strung my first fish of the day and it's 830. Jumped in the boat and went to the north shoreline to see how bad the grass is and searching for bait, caught one good fish on a pink skitter and got sick of pulling grass off so I headed to some mud and shell. I caught 6 nice trout from 1100 to 130 and picked up a pig on the way in, 7 of my fish were caught in the middle of the day, all on red and white sand eel jrs.

I love Mondays
    Attached Files

Good deal and nice rig!

Comment

Sweet day. Wish I was off to go with but there are many Mondays ahead. Can't wait for the cooler weather fishing so we can slaughter them again... Once again nice catch.
      I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small baby bird will fall frozen, dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself...

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
        Good deal and nice rig!
        x2
        Resident Ninja

Comment

Good catching!
          sigpic

Comment

Way to stick it out and go home with fish in the box...I agree, sweet boat!

Comment

Good report & nice job!
              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Very well said Neil. Sounds like you had a great time. B-Cat looking sharp!

Comment

nice going and great report. Thanks Neil.
                  "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

NICE!
                    the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Thanks Fellas. I love my boat, a few more pics of the Babycat
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Nwilkins View Post
                        Couldn't sleep, crawled out of bed an hour early, loaded up the boat, headed to a ramp in Chocolate. Got on the water about 515, headed thru the fog and Choc Bayou to West Bay, to fish a reef I've neglected a long time. The first 20 minutes had a few blow ups but no takers so I switched to a plum/char tail, the 2nd or 3rd cast I had a fish hit it before it hit the water, or at least it seemed, she came out of the water shaking her head and spit it back at me, argggg. a few minutes later a solid bite and a nice 18 or 19 inch trout that shook out of my hand before I pulled my stringer argggg. Okay, I'm feeling like a idiot, should have 4 fish strung and I'm burning precious fishing time. About 30 minutes later I landed and strung my first fish of the day and it's 830. Jumped in the boat and went to the north shoreline to see how bad the grass is and searching for bait, caught one good fish on a pink skitter and got sick of pulling grass off so I headed to some mud and shell. I caught 6 nice trout from 1100 to 130 and picked up a pig on the way in, 7 of my fish were caught in the middle of the day, all on red and white sand eel jrs.

I love Mondays
                        Sand eel jr.'s! Been a while since I've used/heard of them, gotta try them out again.

Good report!
                        I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

Atta boy Neil, and in this heat at mid-day.
                          "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Wtg Neil.....stay at em!
                            sigpic
                            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Good job Neil...
                              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
                              X