Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Managed to find a few...

Full Weekend Report here...

Got down to the island on the water by 3:00 Friday afternoon. My wife Lara and jack russell Claire went with me. I planned on crossing the bay and hitting some of the guts that empty into the intercoastal with an ooutgoing tide. Wind was not too bad...yet. Water in the ditch was suprisingly off color. I was throwing plastic and just couldn't seem to find the fish. Tried several spots, primarily looking for flounder and got nothing all afternoon till a nice red saved the trip for me. Good to be back on the water and spending time with Lara.

Saturday, left Sea Isle Marina around 6:45. Went over to Chocolate to try and change my luck. There was a gut I wanted to try so set up and started throwing. Picked up a 16" spec and then quickly another the same size in the outgoing current. That was about it for that spot. Fished it for twenty minutes. Moved down a ways and waded out a little deeper over some shell. First cast picked up an 18" red. Stayed there and maybe ten minutes later picked up a trout that again went 16". Started seeing some bait moving around and proceeded to catch a couple throwbacks. Moved around a bit casting to various spots and got a real good thump. I haven't caught a trout a trout over 20" in I don't know how long...this one felt real good. Got him in and he sertainly looked like he would stretch past 20". Reached down to grab him and he spit the bait as I tightened my grip...he slid right out of my hand for the complete accidental catch and release. DANG IT! Stuck around that reef for another thirty to forty minutes and strung two more litle guys and threw back a few more. Left there to look for reds and flounder. Caught nothing over the next two hours. Hot a spot I lied outside Karankawa and strung a fifth spec and a 15" flounder. That was it for thyat spot. Finally, back in Greens lake I hooked up with a real nice flounder. He pulled some drag on me and circled the Tran Cat before I ulled his up for him to shake loose. Good fish and great fight and another DANG IT! With that...I'm going in.

Claire and I back out again this morning around 6:30 and on the same reef as Saturday by seven. Started out throwing a bone spook as I figured that would generate a little more noise and the fish the day before were close to the top. Nada. Worked the top water real slow for a while then switched to a faster pace which resulted in not a single thing. Not even a attempt. Set the top down and tied on the paddle tails which worked well yesterday. I slowed my retrieve bouncing along the mud next to shell (which also cost me four or five jig heads) which found the fish. Today they were pretty lathargic compared to yesterday. Strung two specs and then whammo...had a good strike. Knew I had another good trout and I was NOT going to lose this one. Got her in and measured her at 22" which is a big trout for me. I have been INUNDATED with small trout all year long so felt good to break that streak. Found one more that I boxed then I I went hunting flounder. Found one quick and on the same drift hooked a real nice flattie that was the same length as the trout! Pretty pumped and hooked up one more that I lost at the boat. Wanted to head in early so I could get home for the Texans game. Off the water by 10:00. My lens on the iPhone camera was filthy Saturday no no picks there but here are the fish from the morning right before heading in.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Nice!
    Resident Ninja

Comment

Brad it don't get no better than fishing three days straight.I wish i could make it four tomorrow.
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

WTG Brad!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Nice report!

Comment

Good fish Brad. Glad you found some fish.
            "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

WTG!!! Nice report

Comment

Great report, 22" trout is solid compared to the ones I've been catching.

Comment

Nice report tran cat...looks like you been getting some solid fish good to see!!!
                  I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

Working...
                  X