• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10-27-11 Pre-front tops extravaganza

Weather: Overcast pre-front conditions
    Water Clarity: Good to muddy variable on diff. areas
    Wind: Variable: 10-15 mph.

Decided to fish the entire day in the flats boat...lucky me. It was awesome today first off to be surrounded with great company and of course awesome fishing. Definitely one of my best days bar none.

We entered the water at dark, me and reel time, threw on the pearl skitter and went to work. 4-5 casts later I felt the weight and dunked that skitter in the dark. Ended up landing a nice 18-19" trout. I knew it was gonna be on!!!

Reeltime hooks up with some nice trout on soft plastics but they came unglued. He finally lands a nice 18"r himself and we knew it was just a matter of time before we both had our limits.

We went to various spots throwing tops close to the shoreline picking off a few trout here and there. First limit I had to grind out in random places wherever we saw bait blowing up. Got to the dock by the time we met up with Jhua it was around 7:30 or so and I had bagged 5 or 6 trout.

Picked him up and I had my limit close to 10:00-11 am. Jhua got out there at terrible timing and what small morning bite we had was gone so he grinded out a trout here and there until the real fun began.

Fast forward a bit...Jhua hooks up with a personal best MONSTER sheepshead on the hackberry slingin drag out like crazy. We thought it was a bull red.

We ran out of gas. That kinda sucked lucky my dad came out and brought a gas can for us wasted an hour or two.

The clouds from the front start moving in and we see bait getting busted on the flats so we head over. From that point on it was over. Every single cast we hooked up from 5:30 - 7pm ust slinging 19 and 20" trout into the boat. The smaller 15" trout were caught in the birds and a few bigger ones but mainly we caught all the bigger fish in secluded areas with bait getting busted. Awesome day.

At the end Jhua obviously got his limit as well. I was out there for about twice as long as him and reel time had to leave early and ended with 5 or 6 trout before the actual front approached (basically when it turned on). He was catching them on crankbaits which was impressive and cool to see!!! I ended up with two limits or slightly more - we were throwing a few nice trout back non stop. Thanks Jhua and reeltime for comin out!!!

Bait of the day for me was pearl skitterwalk. It has no paint now but I never changed it and it was all I threw from dusk till dawn!! Jhua stuck with the SS jr. in bone. Reeltime sported the crank bait. Had fun with you fellas! Every fish caught today was fished on a medium/fast retrieve with no pauses.

We ended up bringing home a limit a piece to the ice chest...the rest were released for a better day! I gave a few to a friend who had not such a good day. Picture doesn't do the fish justice...all the small ones were 15" if that's any comparison, they were fat and most around 17-21".

Click image for larger version

Name:	fish5 001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	4.53 MB
ID:	570522
    Last edited by ubermensch1324; October 27, 2011, 08:44 PM.
    I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Click image for larger version

Name:	fish5 002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	3.45 MB
ID:	555790

PS - Haven't watched the game yet watching now recorded it...GO RANGERS!!!!
    Last edited by ubermensch1324; October 27, 2011, 08:45 PM.
    I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

You picked up some fatter ones under those thespian seagulls!Just for the record i didn't want to go back to the boat ramp.
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Nice going guys!!!!!!!

Comment

WTG!! I wish i could fish on weekdays.

Comment

First limit of trout! Whoooo!!!
            Resident Ninja

Comment

Great report and catch guys.
              Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Wow you da man uber keep the mojo going .

Comment

Nice catch!! Good report too! That sheepshead is fat!
                  Fishing. "Just Do It"

Comment

Uber, Reeltime- the lump in the sheephead was all shrimp! Looks like the fella had been gorging on them for a while!
                    Resident Ninja

Comment

Nice going guys...
                      sigpic

Comment

Nice going!!
                        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Nice going gents.
                          I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small baby bird will fall frozen, dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself...

Comment

Originally posted by Jhua View Post
                            Uber, Reeltime- the lump in the sheephead was all shrimp! Looks like the fella had been gorging on them for a while!
                            Hahahaha...that's pretty insane I thought it was a tumor lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhua View Post
                              Ooh! Stuffed sheephead!
                              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Working...
                              X