Curmudgeon's New Kayak Slimed - Flounder in Custody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curmudgeon's New Kayak Slimed - Flounder in Custody

Bruce and I teamed up and took out our respective kayaks to Lake Como, Dana Cove and Oak Bayou today 10/30/11.

Although we had some nibbles and blow-ups, what action we could stir up was mostly in Oak Bayou. Bruce landed a very nice flounder and formally slimed his newly acquired craft.

I landed a barely legal flounder, but let him go (butter fingers).

The weather was really nice and the winds light. Time on the water sometimes seems to go too quick, even on tough days.

Click image for larger version

Name:	curmudgeon flounder.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	570539
    At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Kool!

Great weather to have the kayak out in today.

Comment

Good job fellas sounds fun!
      I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

Way to get out there catch.

Comment

Glad the maiden voyage went well. Look forward to kayaking with you guys soon.
          "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Nice

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

Comment

It was a tough day to get a bite but a great day on the water! It was fun getting out there with OK. I learned a few new spots and a great new put in at Waterman's.
              We've got to figure out a better way to store fish than in the fish bag all the way up front. I had to get an assist to get my flounder into the bag. That was how OK lost his as well. I think I also need a better cooler for my "beverages". Next time I'll also try the crate instead of my tackle bag.
              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
                It was a tough day to get a bite but a great day on the water! It was fun getting out there with OK. I learned a few new spots and a great new put in at Waterman's.
                We've got to figure out a better way to store fish than in the fish bag all the way up front. I had to get an assist to get my flounder into the bag. That was how OK lost his as well. I think I also need a better cooler for my "beverages". Next time I'll also try the crate instead of my tackle bag.
                Glad you had fun I'll be out to come see you this week. How did the yak handle??
                I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
                  I think I also need a better cooler for my "beverages".
                  Given the space/weight limitations, I use my "fish bag" and it's ice for lunch and drinks. A ziplock or plastic bag for my consumables, is a good enough slime barrier for me.
                  At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

I can't help it; I'm a gear freak. I always want the next better thing!
                    Uber, it was great. Once I make a few
                    Adjustments it will be perfect!
                    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Great job.
                      KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Working...
                      X