West Bay 11-5-11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Bay 11-5-11

My brother and I headed out in the little whaler... That lasted about 30 seconds before losing throttle power. Luckily we were had enough power to limp back in. We went out in the other boat around Sea Isle and were able to catch a rat red, and scratch out a half limit of flounder on live shrimp. (SSSSSHHHHH! Don't tell them it's November!) The stuffed flounder sure was good last night. Sorry that this report was not very detailed, due to it being a rather short trip.
    Tight Lines

Originally posted by Mini-x Fan View Post
    My brother and I headed out in the little whaler... That lasted about 30 seconds before losing throttle power. Luckily we were had enough power to limp back in. We went out in the other boat around Sea Isle and were able to catch a rat red, and scratch out a half limit of flounder on live shrimp. (SSSSSHHHHH! Don't tell them it's November!) The stuffed flounder sure was good last night. Sorry that this report was not very detailed, due to it being a rather short trip.
    Good to get out there but thumbs down on the boat problems...I've been having some myself, obviously!!! Thanks for the report.
    I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

Sounds like a tasty result from sticking it out!! Hope you get the boat problem resovled.
      Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Thanks for y'alls concerns. The mechanic said that he expected it to happen (carbs). The boat had been sitting for a while before we bought it. We had the mechanic check it out, and he said that running it might help the carb problem, and he put some "carb cleaner" stuff in the gas i guess. He wanted to try the cheap fix before he went and re did the carbs. We were dropping it off at the mechanic anyways to get a fishfinder installed, and the boat and trailer lights fixed.

Ubermensch, did you end up getting out there or did boat problems keep you off of the water?
        Tight Lines

Comment

WTG on the flounder. I also had problems this morning not on my boat but on my truck. A flat tire kept me off the water today. I couldn't find the lock for my lugs.

Comment

Frustrating but you made the most out of it...hope you're up and running again soon

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
              Frustrating but you made the most out of it...hope you're up and running again soon
              Yeah, it was pretty frustrating, because I was really looking forward to running it with two people in it instead of four. I got a little feel of how it performed being up on plane for about 20 seconds. It was also such a beautiful day, but stuff like this happens to all of us, so I guess I will deal with it.
              Tight Lines

Comment

Originally posted by Mini-x Fan View Post
                Thanks for y'alls concerns. The mechanic said that he expected it to happen (carbs). The boat had been sitting for a while before we bought it. We had the mechanic check it out, and he said that running it might help the carb problem, and he put some "carb cleaner" stuff in the gas i guess. He wanted to try the cheap fix before he went and re did the carbs. We were dropping it off at the mechanic anyways to get a fishfinder installed, and the boat and trailer lights fixed.

Ubermensch, did you end up getting out there or did boat problems keep you off of the water?
                Hey..yeah we got there them boat problems cant keep me down! Lol!

Did pretty well....me and Ruben saw you and Paul Marx or was that someone different? Just making sure I gots the right people! Cheers sounds like the boat problem isn't a big worry.
                I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

Originally posted by ubermensch1324 View Post
                  Hey..yeah we got there them boat problems cant keep me down! Lol!

Did pretty well....me and Ruben saw you and Paul Marx or was that someone different? Just making sure I gots the right people! Cheers sounds like the boat problem isn't a big worry.
                  No, that would be my dad or my brother. Where/ When did you see me so I can think who I was with.
                  Tight Lines

Comment

Working...
                  X