San Luis Pass 4/30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work Greg

I've been wondering if you've been doing worth a crap in this weather we've been having lately.
    "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Nice job.Congrats
      NK
      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Thanks for the report. A lot of nice fish

Comment

Thanks for the report, ya'll did great.

I think I will be heading out there Sunday. I'm going out there with a newbie yakker and was looking for a place with some room.

Did ya'll catch them up near the bank, or more out in the pass/bay?

What kind of depth or structure were they on?

Thanks!

Comment

I forgot to say that it must have been a blast to catch all those reds on top. They seem to smash that plug like they had a grudge

Comment

Nice report Greg and heck of a nice catch! Hopefully we will have the same kind of success on our outing in a few weeks. The water clarity looked pretty good in that picture of the guy holding the fish.

Comment

Thanks ya'll
                Fish were caught in two to 3' range. Structure hard sand working gut drop offs.

AQUA PIMP
                AQUA PIMP......
                "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Had the same good results with the reds today, caught a limit, with a couple 7's. I needed a 7.3 to get on the local tourney board but I had a set a twins a 7.0, then a 4.6 trout and I needed a 4.7.....Now back to the airboat to flounder somemore

Comment

Is that the Bastrop tourney Seaweed?

AQUA PIMP
                    AQUA PIMP......

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Yes sir it sure is

Comment

Were you in your air boat near Mud Cut? I had Ronnie out yesterday, what a great group LOL. Those guys kept me laughing all day. They weighed in a pretty good Flounder, I hope its still in the lead.

AQUA PIMP
                        AQUA PIMP......

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Cody & Bailey went out and hit up SLP area yesterday they landed a mess of trout and flounder & throw back reds. Largest trout was 24" 7LBS hopefully they'll get some pics before they clean 'em
                          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

24" @ 7lbs is one fat arse Trout LOL

AQUA PIMP
                            AQUA PIMP......

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Wow what a fatty, wish i would have found it....

Man AP, I hope they were in better shape then when seen them Thursday night...Yesterday the Flounder was a 3.4 if that's the one, not sure what it is today I wouldn't be surprised if it held if that's it becuase I don't think anyone can do any floundering, I tried every spot I could except the west shoreline, where I probably should have run, but Christmas and everything was rougher, then what I was willing to play in last night.

I wasn't in my airboat yesterday, well not until last night and never ventured over there, but that guy that was in that airboat, I'm almost certain covered every inch of water in the complex. I know I heard/saw him over there then I seen him going around to Drum, then I seen the boat back at the boat ramp yestefday evening, sitting on a shell pad with no one around.

Today wasn't as good I had 1 trout that went about 26" but she didn't take her steroid shots and she was a skinny one. Called it early today I was tired, I've pretty much been at it since Thursday night, done for the weekend, got my little girls 1st birthday party tomorrow.

Comment

2 reds to 25" and 3 trout to21"....and a chit load of crawfish. Partied for 48 solid hours...now I'm home!!!
                                Don't be a Nancy!
                                If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Working...
                                X