2/3: GISP, dodged the skunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2/3: GISP, dodged the skunk

I put the kayak in at Waterman's at 6a. I hung around the ramp until the sun got up for safety's sake, it was pretty foggy early. Wind blew ESE 10 to 15 all day.

I paddled east and drifted the length of Hoecker's cove. Caught 3 barely legal specks. Moved over to the shoreline of GISP and waded the geotubes. Nada.

Putzed around the rest of the day and didn't catch any more. All fish caught in 4' of water over sand bottom. Plumtreuse assasins for bait. Fish caught between 9 and 10.

Was hoping for a better showing but was glad to get out. I need to check the tide monitor when I get home. Seemed like it was out all day.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Nice job and report. I could be mistaken but the tide was low this morning and alledgedly came in slow all day. high around 7:00 this evening.

Comment

Way to get some! The park hasn't been producing much this year.
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Way to get out there,good report.
        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
          Way to get some! The park hasn't been producing much this year.
          It will. The coves are too clear for my taste right now. I usually start hitting the S. shore coves after the fishing show. March is usually when I catch big trout.
          "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
            It will. The coves are too clear for my taste right now. I usually start hitting the S. shore coves after the fishing show. March is usually when I catch big trout.
            I agree completely. Alternate between the coves and the surf and we'll see some nice reports.

Comment

At least you made it out. Great report!
              KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Did I see you coming in from out in the bay? I was in a orange shirt on a short yellow yak and the only other yak I saw was coming in from outside the tubes and had a small orange flag on it. Can't remember other details, just got off the night shift

Got a keeper flounder and had a good one come off. It is fun, but I tend to lose the fish alot when they hit right under the boat. Gotta horse 'em less maybe?

Comment

thanks 4 the report
                  the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
                    Yeah. The water's been way to clear. MJH was waist deep and asked me if I'd lost a corky. You could see it plain as day by his feet!
                    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
                      Did I see you coming in from out in the bay? I was in a orange shirt on a short yellow yak and the only other yak I saw was coming in from outside the tubes and had a small orange flag on it. Can't remember other details, just got off the night shift

Got a keeper flounder and had a good one come off. It is fun, but I tend to lose the fish alot when they hit right under the boat. Gotta horse 'em less maybe?
                      That was me. I paddled out to the GPS coords of two reefs that show up on my hook n line map. I was looking for some shell in deeper water. I poked all around both spots and there werent none. Figured they got wiped out or silted in.

I came back and waded the drop on both sides of the geotubes then headed in about 2. Next time I'll know it's you and will slide by and say hello.
                      "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

thanks for the report !
                        I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

Very cool, I am always wondering If I might know the other fishermen I see out there!

Comment

Nice report thanks for posting.
                            "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

WTG!
                              West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Working...
                              X