Did anyone fish in this strong wind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone fish in this strong wind?

I am just curious if anyone actually got out and braved the wind the last couple of days.

I went out for an hour or so yesterday evening. That wind was blowing so hard there were no protected shorlines. It was blowing in a circle.
    I did see an overloaded barge get hung up in the wind. He got stuck and took out marker 45. He raised a big ol pile of mud too.

Comment

Cameron and I will be givin a go at it tomorrow.
      Resident Ninja

Comment

Originally posted by Jhua View Post
        Cameron and I will be givin a go at it tomorrow.
        If we can even paddle against this wind!
        Team Rolling Thunder

Comment

I went out and tried Highland Bayou for a few hours today.. One Rattie, and a bend the pole in halfer when I wasn't paying attention.. ehhh.

Sent from my HTC Liberty using Tapatalk
          InKed Angler

Comment

I threw a plug in the street in front of my house. Does that count?
            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
              You didn't break it did you? The concrete is pretty hard!

Comment

If you were fishing for cats...yes. Or if the plug happened to come across any type of water; yes. LOL
                Resident Ninja

Comment

Well, some of the neighborhood cats enjoy it.
                  "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Well, some of the neighborhood cats enjoy it.
                    I hope you took the hooks off!

Comment

I went out Sunday & Tuesday, more to get out than anything else. Drift sock came in handy but I could only throw where the wind would let me. (downwind & downcurrent (of wind driven current). The bite wasn't great, but I caught a couple of T/R/F each to keep me interested and brought home enough for a nice dinner. Not good weather for loading a cooler, but I enjoyed myself and saw some diverse and unique wildlife & got some good wildlife photos.

One thing I would like to say- After fishing in the wind, putting up the boat & gear, I could hardly walk (back & knees hurting)
                      I realized the next day that I was dehydrated (I drank 2 cups of coffee, 2 bottles of water, 1 small V8 that day) It is not enough ! With the wind blowing, I didn't realize the sun was still cooking me. Take plenty of water and actually drink it.

Comment

Originally posted by KennyWayne View Post
                        I went out Sunday & Tuesday, more to get out than anything else. Drift sock came in handy but I could only throw where the wind would let me. (downwind & downcurrent (of wind driven current). The bite wasn't great, but I caught a couple of T/R/F each to keep me interested and brought home enough for a nice dinner. Not good weather for loading a cooler, but I enjoyed myself and saw some diverse and unique wildlife & got some good wildlife photos.

One thing I would like to say- After fishing in the wind, putting up the boat & gear, I could hardly walk (back & knees hurting)
                        I realized the next day that I was dehydrated (I drank 2 cups of coffee, 2 bottles of water, 1 small V8 that day) It is not enough ! With the wind blowing, I didn't realize the sun was still cooking me. Take plenty of water and actually drink it.
                        x2 It doesn't matter what the temperature is. It can be 40 degrees and you can still get dehydrated. Drink water and lots of it while on the water.
                        Resident Ninja

Comment

Good to know Im not losin my mind but I think the wind has a lot to do with the dehydration, on the fishin note I cross the Pelican island bridge several times a day and the birds have been tearing up the bait between there and the sewer plant if not workin it outright they been holdin hard all through that area! Wish I could get on that spot and find out whats happening there!
                          West Bay Sensai...

Comment

I have been meaning to ask about that sewer plant spot it use to be great in the early 80s.I just came back from sylvan beach boat ramp,not one trailer in parking lot just rough as you could imagine stay home.

Comment

when i throw a lure in the pool my dog likes to chase it around like its candy
                              75% Saltwater 5% led 20 % soft plastic 99% Alcohol 500% Fish stories = the make up of an angler.

Comment

Working...
                              X