Quick trip. 4/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick trip. 4/18

I got on the water at 1230 this afternoon to try and catch the tail end of the outgoing and the start of the incoming. I got to my spot at slack tide unfortunately, so I really had to work the flounder today. I ended the day with 3 keepers that I released and then when the tide started ripping in I tried my luck for some trout. Didn't take long to get my strikes.

Probably caught 12 with 4 pull offs. I hate braid when fishing for trout. Bait of choice today for the trout were salt'n'pepper 3 inch curly tails. The flounder wanted the 2 inch morning glory Tsunami's.
    Son of the Republic

Nice fish. I hate living so far North. I get jealous when I read y'alls reports on getting an afternoon trip in.
    What Would Hans Wagemueller Do?

Comment

Sounds like a good trip, thanks for the report.
      "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

WTG for sure!
        KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Sweeeeet!
          Bryan Evans

Boat Werx of Texas
          (AKA Evans Marine Services)
          4340 19th St.
          Bacliff, Texas 77518
          http://evansmarine.net
          http://boatwerxtx.com
          main@boatwerxtx.com
          281-559-BOAT (2628)

Comment

Originally posted by evansmarine View Post
            Sweeeeet!
            x2
            West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Nice going and good report.
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I failed to mention that I was fishing soft mud and shell. The flounder are holding very tight to the shell, that's why I'm using the braid.

I have been having to pop the lure free from the shell and then I will get my strikes. When I get snagged on shell I know I'm about to get hit if I can get the lure free.
                Son of the Republic

Comment

Working...
                X