West Bay Saturday 9/8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Bay Saturday 9/8

My friend and I launched my whaler and headed out to our plan B wading spot (there were waders in our favorite cove). We were way back in a back lake and I was chunking a chickenboy when I felt a bump. So, I gave it slack for a couple seconds, and it pulled the line tight. I then pulled a Bill Dance hookset. After an exciting battle on light tackle, I landed a beautiful 19 1/2" red that might have stretched 20", but I released him anyway to fight another day. About 15 minutes later, my friend hooked into a nice 21" red on a natural colored paddle tail. We kept that one for dinner, and proceeded our wade. I then lost a huge flounder on a chickenboy even after I gave him 45 seconds to swallow the bait!! He swam right in front of me and flashed his belly at me as to say "maybe next time". I was pretty mad after that!! We concluded our first wade, and the wind had picked up bigtime, making for a rough ride in my boat! When I reached the boat, I realized I had texts reading "mom just caught dinner" from my parents in my grandpa's boat. My friend and I then went to some protected water and waded some sand/shell. I lost one more fish on that wade, and that was it! I was sure we had outfished my grandpa's boat, untill I called him... They had seven trout in the boat.They caught them on the North Shoreline on live shrimp. Anyways, we all had a great time and a great dinner that night!
    Tight Lines

Great post Mini x......Darn those bait soakers!!!
    West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Good times and some family competition.
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

West Bay Saturday 9/8

Nice read!
        I COME FROM THE WATER!!!

Comment

good job buddy
          sigpic

Comment

family fish off. Does get any better?

Comment

Haha that's funny, nice report
              You never know what the tide might bring