Reds had Lockjaw!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reds had Lockjaw!

Tough bite this week end for me. I hit the bay Friday for about two hours and caught two reds...no biggie but two hits in two hours seemed kind of slow! Came in and decided to try Sat morning. In the boat by 7:30 and headed over to the spot I fish and it looked like a freaking parking lot out there. Waders along the south and east shores of the cove...instead of being an a-hole and trying to squeeze in I headed North to check a spot Roballo told me about. That's right Jerry, I be a pot licking SOB! Maybe 20 minutes later I started casting, throwing Norton Bull minnow. Caught a spec measured at 22" and then another at 20". This is around 9ish. Caught a third at 15" and then it just shut off. OK. I figured I would go hang some reds. I went to a spot up north I had luck with this year and immediately saw them. Made a cast, hooked up, got him close, stuck the rod in the holder, grabbed another rod, and threw back at em. Couldn't get another. Got the first fish in, 21", and continued to see and cast at them and I cold NOT buy another bite. I bet I threw at 15 different reds ranging in size from under the slot to one that sure looked over 30". I have seen this a couple times before but I had forgotten how frustrating it is! I even HIT ONE with the lure in the flipping face as I drug it past him...he turned and boogied. Oh well. I am REALLY hoping to see other reports up here of people having the same experience Saturday...if not...then I suck LOL! Had a great time and weather was amazing all weekend long. Great day on the water. In at noon, half shelled reds for dinner with my bride and sister in law...pretty good living in my book.
    sigpic

Reds had Lockjaw!

Good report
    Karma's a beach.

Comment

Reds had Lockjaw!

I was parked in the lot... Lol
      Captain Glenn Stevens
      Coastal Guide Service
      www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Originally posted by txwhaler 22 View Post
        I was parked in the lot... Lol
        Where are the reports??????
        sigpic

Comment

Went out on Sunday and we couldn't buy a bite! Oh well I'm glad I wasn't the only one! Nice catching when they were biting btw!
          Tight Lines

Comment

had 13 trout and 1 red with corndog and sneakypete sat.
            the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPER SPOOK View Post
              had 13 trout and 1 red with corndog and sneakypete sat.
              WTG Danny! Thanx for the report.

Comment

Working...
              X