2/15: Beautiful Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2/15: Beautiful Day

When your fishing report is titled 'beautiful day' it must mean that few fish were caught. That was the case this morning. I waded a south shore cove from 7a to 12:30p and caught one feetch - a fat 17" spec that showed mercy to me. I returned the favor and let it go. Got 2 bumps and 1 fish, all on plum assasins and all after 10am.

Surf looks awesome. I almost stopped and waded it for a bit. I watched a guy at beach access 5 for a while and didn't see any hook ups.
    It really was a beautiful day.

JYC

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

was on the opposite shoreline.Had a slow bite from 0930 to 1130.6 trout trout for 3 people.

Comment

X2 on a great day on the water. My son and I were on the north shoreline from 1-3 working color changes. Caught a few small ones but not enough bait and water was too clear for us. Went into Greens and found a lot of reds and a few nice trout over mud and shell in the dirty water. Could have had a nice box but we didn't need any more fish so we CPR everything. Nothing better than spending time fishing with your son.

Comment

anybody get out late yesterday afternoon? With the small front blowing through and the overall conditions I wonder if the late afternoon bite was good. I wanted to stay out but I needed to get home to help shuttle around the chilluns.
        "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Like you I went out yesterday AM.....calm, clear water, sunshine.....man it was nice. Managed some small reds and trout and came in early so I could do some things around the house. I'm interested if anyone got bit in the afternoon too. The mornings I have been going have been slow lately.
          Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
          "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Working...
          X