Changes last weekend to this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes last weekend to this weekend

Ive been fortunate enough to fish West Bay two weekends in a row and it seems like a completely different complex! Last weekend due to wind and weather we were only able get the boat out shortly, thus most of our fishing was at the pier (Sea Isle). Caught a few rat reds along with a 23". Tried fishing at night with an LED underwater light we picked up at the tournament a while back and there was no bait attracted to it. Fast forward to this weekend we fished the same underwater light in the same place in the Sea Isle canals and a couple thousand glass minnows and mini-crabs created a bait ball completely opposite from just one week ago. Unfortunately we did not catch anything that night either. This morning we headed out and fished San Luis Pass area and missed one fish, headed back into Chocolate and missed another nice fish and ended up with one flounder right at 14" on a glow/chrt Chickenboy. Its been slow fishing but I have definately seen change and predict the bays to heat up come Easter time!

Tight Lines,
    Russ

Good report!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Thanks Curmudgeon, ive been dissappointed by the lack of reports here on FWE so i hope this can help anyone thinking of making a trip down.

Russ

Comment

Nice report. Thanks.
        Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Thanks for the report! We were down at Sea Isle this week with my grandson and about the same results. He caught one 17" flounder. Also starting to see baitfish show up in the lights.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0862.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	558552

Comment

That is exactly what we expreinced from last weekend to this weekend Trseato! Last weekend we were fishing and it was dead in our light!
            Tight Lines

Comment

Here's my 23" red from the pier last weekend.
              Attached Files
              Tight Lines

Comment

Nice fish. Blacken that sucker and get to eating.
                KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Working...
                X