West End Fishing Report 3-30-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West End Fishing Report 3-30-13

Took my 3 grown daughters to Galveston's West End on Saturday afternoon (3-30-13). Nana stayed at home taking care of our 4-month old grandson.

It was windy, but nice to get out on the water. We fished from the bank using dead shrimp and cut squid.

We caught a several small croaker. Kept 1 large one. Caught 7 puppy drum and 2 hard heads. My youngest daughter was down from Texas A&M for Easter and she caught a 20 1/2" redfish using a flounder rig with dead shrimp. The fish fought hard. She was using her new Zebco 733 reel on an ultra light 7' Uglystix that I bought her for her 21st birthday last month. It ran on her 3-4 times but in the end she won. Afterwards she said her heart was beating a mile a minute.

The hook was barely holding on the fish' lower lip. Another 30 sec and that fish would still be swimming in West Bay.

Took the 2 fish home and filet them. Cooking them tomorrow evening.

Here's a few pics of the nice red.

Smiling Aggie Girl. She graduates in May this year and is getting married in October. Her fiancee is in the Corp of Cadets and contracted Army. He's taking our baby girl far away.

We enjoyed some Shrimp and Stuff po boys at Jamaica Beach. There's a small trailer right next to the car wash that makes the best shrimp and crab ball po boys. Instead of eating in town you can get your Shrimp and Stuff hookup in Jamaica Beach!

My girls said they really enjoyed the afternoon. They said is was nice to catch fish, but they would have still enjoyed it because they spent time with their dad and sisters. Made me feel good.

WTG dad! Whoop!
    Resident Ninja

Comment

Good job dad. Memories
      Karma's a beach.

Comment

Good job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Excellent! Glad y'all had fun!
          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

We're y'all in terramar?

Comment

The smile is priceless
              Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Originally posted by texasfishermanhr View Post
                We're y'all in terramar?
                Yes sir. My parents had a home there that Ike tore up and we had to knock it down. Still have 2 lots there.

The marina/pier requires a key however someone walked off with the lock and it's open for now. There's a pavillion on the east side of that area that you can drive up to and fish from the concrete bulkhead.

Comment

Good on you dad... The smile says it all!!!
                  We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by Ron R. View Post
                    Yes sir. My parents had a home there that Ike tore up and we had to knock it down. Still have 2 lots there.

The marina/pier requires a key however someone walked off with the lock and it's open for now. There's a pavillion on the east side of that area that you can drive up to and fish from the concrete bulkhead.

this is the subdivision just west of sea isle right?

Comment

Well done. Love the pictures!
                      KEEP IT WET..

Comment

nice report..thats what its all about there
                        "Our most great and glorious achievement is to live our life fishingly"

Comment

Working...
                        X