West Bay 4-20-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Bay 4-20-13

We didn't fish the tournament, because we were getting used to the new boat, but we fished out of Sea Isle. My brother (russ757) and I took the boat out yesterday morning. We started out drifting some sand flats in 2-4 feet of water. We were throwing tops and hackberry hustlers. We only picked up a stingray there. Then we ran over to Maggie's cove to find gin clear water and a lower tide than expected. I was runnin on a flat and thought I had more water than I did, so I came off plane in a little under 6" and stuck my Dargel Skout haha! Anyways we got into Maggie's and there was not too much goin on in there. Then we went over and fished off of the geotubes over 2-4 feet of sand in stained water. We picked up a few little reds on hackberrys. We had to go in about 11:30 and we sold our little whaler for $1000 more than we bought it for! We then ran to the marina to grab lunch and headed back out. We fished some back lakes where the water had heated up almost ten degrees since the morning. My brother hooks up on a solid 18" flounder pretty quickly. Then when we pulled up to another shoreline we saw a lot of boils. My dad hooked up on a solid 20.5" red before I could even kill the motor! To cap off the day my friend won the flounder division of the tournament, and we won a $100 gift card to Serious Tackle in the raffle. I'm starting to think this new boat might just work out for us...
    Attached Files
    Tight Lines

Congrats mini-x. Hopefully I won't be too far behind you in the boat owner category. I fished some geo tubes yesterday and only got a couple rat reds myself. I suppose that may be a good spot in a few years when the fish grow up.
    Last edited by WadinMoron; April 21, 2013, 12:35 PM. Reason: idiocy
    What Would Hans Wagemueller Do?

Comment

Yes sir! The rat reds were just moving through in a school I guess. I was just dangling my lure beside the boat and on the phone with a friend and a little red swam through my loop know and I caught it haha!!
      Tight Lines

Comment

It's ridiculous the amount of times I have heard a similar story about just dangling a line out and catching a fish. Perhaps we're over thinking it? ha ha. I was helping my folks move into a house they just bought in JB. My dad wanted to take a break and cruise around the neighborhood a bit in his golf cart. I grabbed my rod and a beer and took off with him. As we were driving I saw a spot where the tide was moving with a bit of an eddy just under the flow. I jumped out with my dad muttering something about me being a moron. First cast I pull up a rat red. Made 6 more casts, getting another dink. I walked back with a big "stuff" eating grin on my face. I think I'm going to like having a place to stay at down on the island.
        What Would Hans Wagemueller Do?

Comment

It's great, we live up here in Cypress but we have a place in Sea Isle!
          Tight Lines

Comment

Way to go! That flounder was a beaut.
            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
              Way to go! That flounder was a beaut.
              Thanks! It ate good.

Russ

Comment

Working...
              X