6/7: SLP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6/7: SLP

Came down to fish the surf this evening. I tried it down at Beach Access 5 but it was too sporty for me and the wind was blowing onshore pretty good. Regrouped and walked in behind the pass about 6:15p. I waded straight into the sun until I was about belly button deep. Threw a clown Super Spook for the first half hour with nothing. Switched to the plumtreuse assassin and got a nice flounder. Kept at it and picked up four solid specks, the flounder and a snot shark. Got em all on assassins except the last one which came on a pink/chrome gun dog (the small one) right at sunset. All caught in waist deep water.

Lots of slicks popping between 7:15p and dark. It was a good couple of hours. Had a beer at the West End and headed home. Lots of skeeters.

JYC
    "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Cool. What was the water clarity on beachfront
    Karma's a beach.

Comment

Originally posted by Xpress89 View Post
      Cool. What was the water clarity on beachfront
      Pretty poor in the first two guts. Marginally better out between the second and third.
      "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Dam.... Thanks
        Karma's a beach.

Comment

Thanks for the report. Trying to decide either Bolivar pocket or back side of SLP sunday morning.
          Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Good report; thanks

Comment

Thanks for the report ....and got some fish . The behind the toll booth walk in just isn't as productive as it was before the guts changed several years ago . It use to be awesome .
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
              X