• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10/1/09 report - windy

Water temp - 80 degrees or so
    Water was simi clear
    Winds - 15 out of the south
    Tide - way to high.

We were in the water at 6:30 throwing in the dark (could not see my black SS JR at all). Only had an hour and a half to fish and it was a waste of time. The wind was kicking up and with the high tide, the conditions were not the best for an early morning wade. Threw black SS JR until the sun came up then switched to bone SS JR. Not blow ups at ALL! Changed to plum/chart. plastics and did not get a bump. Donna was throwing gulp on 1/4 oz jig and she had two or three solid bits, but not takers.

Went back out for an afternoon wade and the wind was really blowing, which mess up the water and all the south shoreline coves. Did not have much gas to go to the north shoreline, so I went home and worked. Oh well, I gave it a shot!
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

You didnt miss anything on the N shoreline. Its comepletely blown out and chocolate
    Capt. Thomas Barlow
    281-827-6815
    www.notoriousguideservice.com

Comment

Way to give it a shot Mike. Better than being at work All day.
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Thanks for the information. Looks like Saturday may be the best day to fish for me. Can't fish Sunday. Have to wait and see. Tommorrow seems to be blown out.
        Last edited by plugger; October 1, 2009, 05:59 PM.
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Tomorrow will be a wash until the afternoon, so sleep in! We are going to relax tomorrow and hit it hard on Saturday. SHOULD BE good, with the wind calming down some, full moon and a 4 tide day. At this point, I have not clue, but I will give it hell!
          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

suprised, my dad and uncle did really good early this morning on tops and gulps..
            Boats and hoes.

Comment

Some days it's just casting practice

Comment

nice try,.better catching next time
                Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Mike, thanks for the report. Check your PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MELL WADER View Post
                    Mike, thanks for the report. Check your PM.
                    Albert, I checked it and thanks. I owe you one!
                    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

way to go after them!
                      Scott
                      "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Working...
                      X