468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10/3/2009 Report - Windy again, but had some luck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10/3/2009 Report - Windy again, but had some luck.

Wind - 15 ENE, switched to E around 10:00am Gust up to 20-25
    Water temp - 80
    Water was off color
    Area fished - South shorline in coves with some protection.

Donna and I got up this morning with the thought of hitting SLP, but it was really cloudy (rain looking) and the wind was blowing pretty good. We waited an hour and say what the heck, let's go and find a protective cove along the south shoreline. I know we should have hit the north, but it would have made for a long wet trip.

Jump in first cove around 8:30, I was throwing plastics on 1/4 jig head and Donna was throwing new penny gulp on 1/4 jig head. She nailed a large something, it took off and broke her line. She then caught a fish I have never seen before (should have taken a picture), it looked like a snake with fins???

In this cove, I caught two underzsized trout and a keeper flounder (released). We move to the next cove and Donna caught a 20" red (CPR).

The rain was coming our way, so we bolted off the water before it got to bad. In at 11:30 and now going to relax.

Not a bad morning for such crappy conditions.
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Nice job. Guess it is not that bad of a thing I can't make it out there tomorrow.

Comment

Nice job Mike!
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Got your voicemail about that. Yep you are not missing anything and tomorrow is supposed to be a lot worst.

Originally posted by FP10 View Post
        Nice job. Guess it is not that bad of a thing I can't make it out there tomorrow.
        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Nice Job. I had about the same experience this morning. Didn't catch as much though.
          Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Thanks for the report ! Tough weather.
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

We let in at Fatboy's and made the 25 mile run to the camp via the ICW and then thru the sloppy pass. Made it to the camp in about 45 min. and fished one of my flounder holes until the rain drove us back to the camp for 2 hours. We took the ICW from Bastrop back and again was very sloppy going past Chocolate. Stopped in Greens and nothing. Decided to hit the Div. canal before heading in and that was the ticket. Fished in the rain and HARD incoming tide and managed 3 reds between 21-23" and 2 18" flounder. 68 miles total.

Forgot to mention the flat on the trailor on the way home.
              I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Long hard boating. Thanks for the report, got some fish to show for it at any rate. Bummer having a flat after a long day.
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Mike, that is a lot of traveling, but way to stick with it!
                  LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Nice report.
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

That's pretty good for those crappy conditions.

Comment

Working...
                      X