Ever had one of those days, 10/10-10/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever had one of those days, 10/10-10/11

First, did any one but me ever see the Lute's Marine Tourney Flier that said weigh in at 4 sharp? Had the plan of attack made for the cold front, made the drive to Lutes to sign in. Back 32 miles to fish the marsh off of Diversionary.(First time there) Picked my spot and Started working the flounder with Yellow Gulp Swim mullets. Caught 4 flounder and lost 4. One was 22 1/2" Just over 5 #s She wanted to go to the Flounder hatchery. Headed back with enough time, just before getting to the truck I stuck a 22 1/2" Red just under 5#s, loaded up quick as i could and headed west. I noticed a few trucks/boats coming from Lutes on my way in. half a mile to go and the TP&W Flounder wagon passes me.??? Well the rest is history, the Goulash was hot and steamy, the beer was cold, and that fat flatty didnt understand when i put the ice on her to put her to sleep. Took the wife out Sunday, Same Bat time, Same Bat Place She caught and released 4 Flatties to 15" and i caught 3 keeping 2 @ 18 1/2 & 19 1/2. (caught on Plum/Chart Mirror-Lure plastics. Windy,Cold,Muddy and Effective.

WOW.... that is why i always print out any rules and times and take it with me..
    Capt. Thomas Barlow
    281-827-6815
    www.notoriousguideservice.com

Comment

Tough luck about the time dead line. But, you caught flounder and a red on Sat. - the day I was going to go , but backed off thinking the wind would be too bad and water way off color. Don't know till you go. Shoulda gone. I was wanting to target flounder also- but for eaten, not donaten ! How was the water color/visibility ? I like the Gulp also for flounder-killer bait, almost like cheating.
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Hey plugger, That was my first time launching there, Water at the launch was tea brown, 12"-18" visabuility, Just past the canal (N & W) the water was green 12"-18" visual. I like the dual direction tide at that point. the flounder all came from the East side (green) and the red on the west (brown). It was sweet to be that cold and windy. Sun was almost identical with higher tides and no brown water.

Comment

Nice report!! Sorry you missed the deadline but nice catch!
          Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Nice report.....Nice flatties!
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Bad luck..Good catch

Comment

Nice catch and sorry about the weight in.
                LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

chit happens just roll with it not in it. nice report.
                  I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Thanks. Stained water but decent visibility. I fished the marsh the Sat. before for about 12 hours and only got a flounder and spec. You got good results. I'll have to give it another go.
                    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                    X