Friday and Saturday Report...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday and Saturday Report...

Late posting about last weekend…Friday early AM started out throwing black Gun Dog topwater. Had two small blow-ups that I think were reds. Saw water moving along right at the shore, threw beyond and worked back by the movement. 27" red came up and grabbed it. Good fish. That was it though. Moved to deeper water, tied on norton bull minnow and hooked up with a few small trout and one keeper and lost another good trout at the boat…guessing at least 20". Cruised around several flounder spots and shut out. Bite shut down it seemed like early so I did too. Came in with two specs and a red.

Saturday I got out there a little later and drifted the area I found the trout the day before. Much tougher bite. Again the small males and finally hooked one keeper. Really wanted to catch a flounder. Headed back to a spot that has been good in the past…tide coming in. Tied on one of those new 2" Gulp Baby Shrimp and immediately found one flattie. Worked that same spot and that was it. Moved to another place maybe fifty yards from it and found the second flounder. Headed in. Had to stop at a good red place just to see if they were there and was rewarded with a real nice middle slot which was accidentally released off the back of the boat…one of the many advantages of a no sides flats skiff!

So not a bad weekend I guess…was a tough bite though and had to work for them. Caught mostly undersized fish but managed a three keeper reds, three specs, and a couple flounder. Being I didn't really hammer them I took no pics. Here's Monday night's dinner though.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Way to go get em...and the best part eat em

Comment

yum!!!!!
      the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Thanks for sharing .....you got some good chow .
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Nice going Brad!
          Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Nice job. Saturday was tough!

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.
            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

nice

Comment

WTG...Dinner looks good.

Comment