11/5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11/5

Met up with John Havens, and Johnathan yesterday morning at Fat Boys. started off the morning looking for a big bite on topwaters but the damn dinks wouldn't leave the topwaters alone. I must have caught 10 to 12 Trout to 14" LOL. I did have two fish on in the 3 to 4lb range that pulled off. John caught 3 or 4 in the 3lb rangs (all released). Johnathan caught 1 nice 18" Trout followed by a nice Flounder. 2nd spot I had a 18" Trout right away on top followed by 2 nice Trout that missed the topwater. John had several blowups and 2 or 3 nice Trout that pulled off off his Corky. There were some solid fish in here but they just were not that aggressive. They would knock the topwater in the air but just wouldn't come back for it.
    The last spot we hit was a cove on the south side. Here we found alot of action on Corkys but alot of small Trout in the mix. Johnathan stuck 1 nice Red on a Bass Assassin while John and myself were working them over on Fat Boys. Total for the day was I think around 17 or 18 Trout but only kept anout 10 or 11 fish.

Water in West Bay was in great shape. Middle of the bay is green with bait everywhere. Most of our fish came in 2 to 4' of water over shell and mud.

AQUA PIMP
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

thanks for the report.

Comment

AP, you think the change in pressure from this storm in the gulf and the approaching front coming this weekend had any effect on the action you saw?
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice report good trip AP.
        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Thanks for the report AP!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

nice report.congrats on the catch
            Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Nice report...thanks
              Captain Glenn Stevens
              Coastal Guide Service
              www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Thanks for the report !!
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Johns always a hoot to fish with...glad y'all did see some action and thanks for the report.
                  Don't be a Nancy!
                  If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Nice Report! thanks!
                    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Thanks for the report. Donna and I hit it on Friday and the tide was already high. I had a few blow ups, but no takers. Donna caught two flounder, 1 trout and 1 red. All undersized.

Rough fishing this weekend!
                      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Here is the spoils. Sorry so late. Great Trip A.P. Nice to meet you John.
                        Attached Files
                        TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Nice slam! Need to hook up again. By the way, my neighor still has your Bill Stix and your neighbor has my cooler!

Jamin, what happened to you on Saturday??
                          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer21 View Post
                            Nice slam! Need to hook up again. By the way, my neighor still has your Bill Stix and your neighbor has my cooler!

Jamin, what happened to you on Saturday??
                            lisa had a party at the house in river oaks.i had to stay home with the kids.we're not going to the fish fry this saturday,so i'm in,if you and donna are going to be on the west end,let me know and i will meet you saturday morning at the house.
                            TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Working...
                            X