Pounding Across Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pounding Across Part 2

I was loading up to go after lunch and putting my lure box back in the boat. I couldn't find my wade belt. My wife washed and hung up the lures this morning, so I thought maybe see rinsed the wade belt.
    Nope! Then I noticed my big landing net was gone. It seems that pounding across the bay coming home yesterday evening, the wade belt with pliers and stringer caught on the net and all of it blew or bounced over board.
    Luckily the Boga was too heavy and fell out on the deck......bummer.

I fished a different spot today, but the damn ENE wind and high tide were kinda problem. Between 2-5:00 I jigged up three reds to 26" and five smallish trout.......I want a different wind !!!!

No birds, but I did come in early.
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Thanks for the report Kenny....Sorry about the loss of gear.
    I am going to make a run out in Seabrook this morning.
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Sorry about your bad luck on the wading belt and pliers Kenny... Give Chris a shout over @ HookSet & he'll have you up and going in no time flat!
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Kenny, thanks for the report and sorry about the gear. You and Chip need to take care of your gear a little better
        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer21 View Post
          Kenny, thanks for the report and sorry about the gear. You and Chip need to take care of your gear a little better
          I guess so, but I've been throwing my wade belt on the rubber floor mat between the seat and the transom for 7 years and never had a problem. It was Extremely rough Tuesday afternoon, maybe I should have slowed down......nah!

It looks like for about $75. - $85. I get get a belt & stringer from Dave through Hookset. Chris is a great guy, he just picks crappy locations.
          "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

that sucks kenny. good job on the reds. tides are still on the high side this am. i may wade the ferry landing after work if they don't have it blocked off.
            michelle

Comment

Thanks Kenny-sorry about the lost belt. Anyone find my beer cooler lid?-same thing-blew out.
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

That Sucks! Great job on the reds though.
                Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

i just had a moment of silence for your wading belt kenny...
                  hope you find one that makes that knee feel better!
                  Captain Glenn Stevens
                  Coastal Guide Service
                  www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
                    I guess so, but I've been throwing my wade belt on the rubber floor mat between the seat and the transom for 7 years and never had a problem. It was Extremely rough Tuesday afternoon, maybe I should have slowed down......nah!

It looks like for about $75. - $85. I get get a belt & stringer from Dave through Hookset. Chris is a great guy, he just picks crappy locations.
                    I have a belt I found in surfside fits a large guy only. Also found two "begging" loops this summer,bait bucket,cooler and a stringer. Seems people get mad at their gear and leave it. Its in Alvin if someone can use them.
                    Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X