SLP seaweed action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLP seaweed action

Well the title says it all, had to drop the lady off at the airport so decided to just keep on driving and do a little fishign in the surf since it was forcast to be flat for a change. Got to Galveston about daylight and couldnt see the beach in a lot of places because of all the sargassum. Ended up down at SLP near the bridge on the Galveston side and caught a two small blacktips on croakers before i had to head back to make to work in time. Saw a lot of yaks on the bayside of the bridge as I was leaving. Only people I saw pull in a trout was a couple of powerboats anchored on the gulf side of the bridge throwing back to it with the current. Had a couple good hits on a red-white mirrorlure in the second gut but how something can miss three treble hooks beats me.

Thanks for the report. Glad you got out there.

Comment

Seaweed still bad??
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Thanks for the report !
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

The seaweed is still in the surf as I passed by yesterday. Not as bad as it was but enough to pose a problem.
          Fishwhisperer

Comment

Hate wading surf and having unknowns brush against my legs...

Comment

Yea yesterday the water clarity was crap in the pass, and so when a big wad of sargassum would float by all you'd see was a big dark shape under the water. Made me a little jumpy on more than one occasion especially after catching those smaller sharks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X