Slow day in West Bay!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow day in West Bay!!!!!

Went out this mornig at 6am to try and find a big trout... Fished 4 different spots and the two that I waded there were no fish and NO bait.. I actually didnt see one mullet flick the entire day.

I did however, find 7 reds and 3 flounder in one of my spots close to home. I was drifting with the outgoing tide over a long depression over mud with scattered shell.... That spot usually produces some trout to, but the trout were just not biting i guess.

Water was clear in jones on my way out, was fair on the north end and dirty on the south side. Water temp was 52 the entire day.
    Capt. Thomas Barlow
    281-827-6815
    www.notoriousguideservice.com

thanks for the report!! headin out tomorrow if the wind aint blowin as hard as they say
    Captain Glenn Stevens
    Coastal Guide Service
    www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Thanks for the report Thomas...sounds better than what I'm doing right now!
      Don't be a Nancy!
      If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Thanks for the report Thomas, at least you caught something. I went out this afternoon and hit 3 areas and not one thump. Mid bay shell and two muddy coves and nothing at all! I was throwing sand eel Plum/Chart., so maybe I am just not throwing the right thing! Anyway, going to Paul's tomorrow morning to pick up my first ever Corky!
        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Nice Job. Did you venture over to the north shoreline? How did the water look?

I'm probably going to be out there tomorrow with my Dad.

Comment

I didnt fish the north shore but i can tell you it was fairly sandy and off brown

The wind had alot of east in it.

I used corkys and soft plastics wading without a bite.. When i was drifting i was using a KFM in east beast...
            Capt. Thomas Barlow
            281-827-6815
            www.notoriousguideservice.com

Comment

great report..........was it not a little windy out in the am?
              I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Ok, I really appreciate the report. Hope that wind lets up a little bit tonight.

Comment

Thanks for the report...I am going to try and hit the north shore line tomorrow morning...see what happens...
                  sigpic

Comment

We will be out on the north side of the bay tomorrow also. SOunds like my spot was dead today huh Thomas. I hope they are there tomorrow and hungry! They were here the last 2 trips and the tides look good in the am!
                    sigpic
                    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

thanks for the report...at least u caught some reds...will go pretty soon hopefully

Comment

Thanks for the report

Comment

That sounds like one of my good days!
                          Scott
                          "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Good job and report-Thanks! Hammer em Chip and post up.
                            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Thanks for the post and water conditions !! Got some fish though in tough conditions.
                              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                              X