• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12-20 report - SLOW!

Water - clear
    temp - 55
    tide - outgoing
    wind - NE 5 and switching to S or SE

Neil (Nwilkins) came to the house around 5:45 and we heading out around 6:15. My GPS flaked out on my the day before, so finding our fish reef was no fun. Could not find it in the dark, so we hit a south shoreline cove. Beached her and said oh well, let's fish. A few minutes into the wade Neil though he got caught on something, but brought in a nice flattie throwing a fatboy (I believe). I lost a corky that Neil let me try, so I felt bad. Switched to tails, nothing. Left cove and went back to reef and fish for 30 minutes or so, nothing. Left to pick up Donna and head to another spot along the south shoreline.

Fishing out of the boat, caught 2 keeper trout and that was it. Left there and went to the Chocolate area. Donna caught a keeper trout on first cast, released. Hit another spot, bait moving, but no takers. Called it a day.

Worn out! It was nice to meet you Neil, hope we can do it again sometime. You are welcome anytime!
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Had a blast with you and Donna, I envy your Westend homelife, maybe in my future. My only problem is I'd never want to go to the club. We'll get 'em next time. SOON

I hate all those non-committed fish, think they were all cowards today!!

Thanks for the day

Comment

Thanks for the report....at least you were out there!
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

i went to chocolate to got some small stuff
        Itching To Be Fishing!

Comment

i went out for an hour. the tide and wind were at opposing directions at the same rate so we never moved. i came in without a bite. i wanted to be in before the tides kept dropping. they are the lowest i've seen them since i moved here.
          michelle

Comment

surpised we didn't see you out there explorer21...we did about the same........man it was beautiful out today........
            I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

You guys need to come up here and fish with me!!

Comment

Thanks for the report! Wish I could have been out there too!
                Scott
                "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

I fished with customers today on their boat and it was tough for us as well. 5 trout, 1 red and 3 flounder.. .1 flounder/ 1 big red were the only keepers.. All our fish came in 5 ft or deeper . .Trout and red in dirty water, flounder in clear water... Was a tough bite for sure
                  Capt. Thomas Barlow
                  281-827-6815
                  www.notoriousguideservice.com

Comment

nice exp 21!! seems like donna like to sleep in ....
                    i noticed in your posts you go back in to pick her up alot!!
                    Captain Glenn Stevens
                    Coastal Guide Service
                    www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Thanks for sharing yalls time on the water with us..
                      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Winter time yes. She is not much of a cold water person and moving it across that water when it is 40 degrees is not something she likes.

Originally posted by txwhaler 22 View Post
                        nice exp 21!! seems like donna like to sleep in ....
                        i noticed in your posts you go back in to pick her up alot!!
                        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Working...
                        X