No announcement yet.

driftin the high seas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a good looking girl you got there! Nice haul as well!
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Tiki Kid, I use 1-3' of 20lb flouoro leader. It keeps the plug from tangling as much, and may help keep the fish from spooking from the line. I also like a loop knot for topwaters and jerk-bait style tails (the straight ones).

Comment

No braid here straight mono!
        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Sorry I didn't respond sooner brother ...great catchin and Cloe is looking prettier by the day! We use a mono leader always on braid here in the Florida flats...clear water is the main reason...plus it makes for easy retying...i did quit using braid on topwaters due to the lack of stretch and increased my catch rate 5 fold on grouper offshore with mono...braid tends to snap off when it gets a big fish on and scrapes on our limestone ledges...mono will stretch and give you a chance...we do use braid for snapper and jigging for the feel of the tap tap tap!!

Comment

Nice

Thanks for the report and pushing me over the edge to try braid again. Anybody got a preference for braid?
            Fishwhisperer

Comment

I still use Power Pro most of the time, but there are some other good ones out there. One of our sponsors - Hookset Marine - on the site has 3 different types of Fins. One has a little stretch so it may be an easier conversion. They also make one that is made for casting in the wind......Windtamer. I have been thinking about trying it. Check out the sponsors link for it!
              Last edited by imhammer; December 27, 2009, 09:44 PM.
              sigpic
              Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Suffix for me, but still thinking about the FINS. I use it(FINS) on my offshore reels and its held up great so far.
                Don't be a Nancy!
                If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

I'm a big fan of cheap mono, but have decided to try Power Pro again. Past experience with my strong arm casting, is that I throw away a bunch of expensive lures. I just haven't learned to calm down about fishing yet. The sensitivity is amazing!!! So much so that with novice anglers, they try to set the hook on averything including passing glass minnows that brush the line. I like stretch in line, especially when fishing topwaters. There are some huge advantages once you make the adjustment in the cast. I'm just a little slow sometimes.
                  Last edited by shallowist; December 28, 2009, 08:28 AM. Reason: mis spelling
                  http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

i agree with shallowist

Comment

Shallowist....do you have the same problem im having with it burying itself in the spool???with a stiff wind at my back and casting easy no problem....but when i whip it....like you said a just flew another lure into orbit!!! then a more serious problem trying to fix it...
                      Captain Glenn Stevens
                      Coastal Guide Service
                      www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

power pro 10 lb inshore for jigs..... Also use a 2-3 ft 20 lb fluoro leader inshore...

Comment

Working...
                        X