12/6: Jones Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12/6: Jones Lake

I got out with two of my boys on Saturday morning. We left Louis' at 6:45a and the fog was thick. Sea and sky were the same color and it was hard to see so we took it slow going out. It was dead flat calm until about 9a when the wind started light from the N. Near the marsh drains, mosquitoes were unbelievable in size and quantity.

We anchored up in a marsh drain and caught one rat red about 18". Later, we anchored up near some shell and caught one red 21". Ran around and tried some more spots but couldn't get anything going. Didn't see alot of fishy activity on the shorelines or near shell. I don't have any future as a fishing guide but the boys enjoyed running around in the boat. Saw lots of boats out. Maybe others did better than us.

We got off the water about 11:30 when my crew tired out and was ready for lunch. All fish caught on live shrimp under a popping cork.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6dec14 redfish.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	575786
    "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Congrats dad , they sure happy happy happy
    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Great picture! Smiles say it was a good day.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Beautiful kids....genes from mom? HAR! Way to go guys!
        Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
        "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Good looking boys , they must favor their mother ( HAR ! Just funning ya dad ) . The norther high pressure may have shut down the bite . Thanks for sharing !
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

WTG JYC...getting out is the main point, regardless of catching the boys appreciate being on the water and exploring. You did better than me, I was attending my daughters dance competition Saturday AM.

Comment

Great picture!!!

Comment

Priceless!!!!
                Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

How did I miss this thread? Nice going Jeff!
                  "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Working...
                  X