Back to Back!!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to Back!!?

Weather looked to be lined up for a repeat, wind blowing, clouds overhead, pressure dropping, tide moving hard, and DPop was off work today... We both wrapped up the other responsibilties, and headed out for a late afternoon run, hoping for a repeat of previous day. Got to the spot, and jumped in, with some good bait showing and great water clarity again. first thump was my shin, hitting some stupid broken off post in the water. It didn't really hurt, but I thought, I wonder if this did anything to the waders. I lifted my leg up in the water column, and saw the scuff on the waders. When I lowered my leg, I felt that disturbing, cooling sensation of water rushing into the waders. With the conditions like they were and Dpop making the trek, there was no way that I was getting out, so we pressed on.

We waded the area with the bait for a few minutes with no real action, so we started heading down towards the sweet spot. As we got close I noticed a couple of mullet jumping. caught two rats as I neared the area. Right as I got within casting range, WHAM! First good bite on the 51MR19, same as yesterday but 51 series. After a few seconds, it became evident that this was a good trout. Worked her closer, and saw that she was easily over 25. As I made the grab, I called Pop closer. We too two quick pics, and gave a quick pull on the Boga, at over 6 pounds, and dropped her back in the water so she could make a few million more. Pop got two nice ones shortly after that fish, a 24 and a 25ish. Couldn't get the pics as a boat pulled close right as he grabbed the bigger one. Both were released as well.

Bite seemed to slow for a bit so we wandered around the area. we both missed a couple of bites, and Pop landed two small trout. right as the sun dropped the bait started moving again, and we both decided that it was TOP WATER TIME!! Fishing big Spooks, we bith had several blows, and each landed two trout in the 18-20 inch range. Without the overhead heatlamp, I was now getting cold, and with no big bite going we decided to cut the wade short.

Total for the day was 9 trout, from small to 26ish, and two rats. All fish were released. Baits used: 51MR19, Corky pearl/chartreuse, and Super Spooks bone and Chartreuse back.

This is the 2nd time that I have tried to post this report, first time the page locked up after the pic wouldn't load. This time the pic just won't upload. I will send it to the other puter and try from there.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by shallowist; December 24, 2009, 07:43 AM. Reason: add pic
    http://www.theshallowist.com

Great read again Capt Steve!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

yep, nice work

Comment

I just remembered, I was there to get just one good picture for a friend....so, I wore my Chris Phillips shirt for good luck. That is one of Chris' favorite areas to catch a big winter trout in West Bay, sure do miss seeing you out there buddy!!

Comment

Thanks for the report Steve

Comment

WTG
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

man i knew i ishould went yesterday but no ride..but WTG capt.steve

Comment

Give it a day or two to settle down after this front and I will be right back in there knocking out teeth!!! just hit up Academy and I have a fresh new set of waders, Yeah!

Comment

Man you are on them Capt.Steve, nice job. I went out yesterday and found plenty of bait moving around but couldn't buy a bite. I'm bound to find them one of these days.

Comment

Got about 15 years worth of logging what happens in the winter, so yeah, I got a few good spots to throw hardware in the cooler months. Get a few buddies and set something up with me and Pimp. He's been quiet for a few weeks, but don't let that fool you. He found the mother load last Friday, his school dwarfs my fish right now and there are a binch of them. I think that he had close to 40 trout with the smallest at 21, and at least 3 landed over 7. Pimp's got it going on!!!!

Comment

Great report! Thanks for sharing!
                      Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

[QUOTE=shallowist;48976]Get a few buddies and set something up with me and Pimp. QUOTE]

to he!! w/ a bunch of candy ***** college boys; how bout ME, you and aqua pimp? but i need it warmer, i froze last tuesday morning w/ him driving 50 out over the bay.

Comment

just went to academy and got me a new set of waders also lol...ill be ready to go back out soon!!

Comment

Nice Job! Thanks for the report!
                            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

[quote=JT;48993]
                              Originally posted by shallowist View Post
                              Get a few buddies and set something up with me and Pimp. QUOTE]

to he!! w/ a bunch of candy ***** college boys; how bout ME, you and aqua pimp? but i need it warmer, i froze last tuesday morning w/ him driving 50 out over the bay.
                              JT, it was 65 degrees yesterday!! Water was probably close to 55-58, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to stay when the water crept up those leaky waders. We do need to go again, that last trip go tcut a little short. I'm always up for slapping some trout around.

Comment

Working...
                              X