Worse than the skunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worse than the skunk

A friend of mine and I put in near "The Garden" subdivision around 10:00 AM. We fished south with a 10-15 mph north wind at our back. He just got a new yak and fished from that, but I was just shufflled around. With my shiny new Super Spook, I stepped in near one of the many piers that IKE claimed in the area and felt the thump of a strong trout on only my second cast. I naturally thought it was going to be one of those days that keeps me coming back. I set the hook and began letting the drag out while she ran across the horizon. She lept from the water and I could tell that she wasn't a wall hanger but undoubtadly a great fish. When she landed, she sprinted away from me directly toward the skeleton of the old peir. Just before my thumb could get back to tighten the drag, she had run around a piling and sawed off my fluorocarbon leader. Well...dammit. I reeled in the long weightless line...with no fish...no plug... yet slightly excited about the fish that were SURE to come...I spent the next several hours casting everything that I had in every way I knew how into seemingly nothing...Why do I do this to myslef? Oh yeah...And right when I get into the truck around dark I turn on 610 and find out that Mike Leach is suspended indefinitely...

Go back soon, skunk washes off

Comment

Good news is you know a spot that has a tendancy to hold a good trout, and one that likes to eat topwater in the winter. some locations won't produce on top much during the winter, so when you find those that do, it's worth going back.
      http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

Originally posted by shallowist View Post
        Good news is you know a spot that has a tendancy to hold a good trout, and one that likes to eat topwater in the winter. some locations won't produce on top much during the winter, so when you find those that do, it's worth going back.
        Ditto......definitely worth going back and grinding that area.
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Thanks for the report and keep hitting it, they will come around.
          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

At least you got to see it! Sucks even worse when your unsure how big it was. Keep it up and thanks for the report!
            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

I've been thinking about it all day today...I'm going to give it a try tomorrow morning with the yak...I'll let ya'll know...

Comment

Go hit it and think what a spoiled little brat's daddy's crying did to a good coach. POS James. Good fishing!
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

It happens.
                  I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Tough loss, but you got a glimpse. And yes you found a spot and yes she might be there again.
                    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Not bad

Plugger, you got one more thump than I got Sunday.
                      Fishwhisperer

Comment

Working...
                      X