Quick wade w/The shallowist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick wade w/The shallowist

I had the honor to fish with a GREAT and very knowledgeable fisherman this evening. We jumped in at about 4:00 this afternoon to fish the last couple of hours of daylight looking for that 1 big bite. It was cold and drizzling rain and the wind was blowing about 15 out of the NW. The tide was ripping in so hard that we couldn't keep a lure in the strike zone for long.
    We fished waist to chest deep over shell/mud. There were a few birds lurking and we saw a couple of mullet, so our hopes were high that we would find a few despite the tide.
    I got the first bite about 5:15 and missed, She felt like a horse and almost ripped the rod out of my hands when she hit. Capt Steve followed that up a few minutes later with a fat 17"er. About 30 min after dark I finally hooked up and landed a solid 24 1/2 around 5 lbs and we called it because we couldn't feel our hands.
    Thanks Capt. Steve for a great time. I learned a ton in the short time that we were out!

Capt Steve has better pics. Hopefully he will post them.
    Last edited by imhammer; December 29, 2009, 10:48 PM.
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Here's what the fish looked like. Not bad when you consider that the guy holding the fish is 6'7"!! Nice job Chip, maybe I should have been talking less and fishing more....
    Attached Files
    http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

WTG guys when i was in tiki and the west end this afternoon it didn't look to bad out there but when was crossing back on the causeway the conditions look bad.
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Originally posted by shallowist View Post
        Here's what the fish looked like. Not bad when you consider that the guy holding the fish is 6'7"!! Nice job Chip, maybe I should have been talking less and fishing more....
        congratulations guys! nice fish

Comment

Good job fellers. Wish I had been there!

Oh, by the way, when Chip is wading waste deep most of us are chest deep! ; )
          Scott
          "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Nice Job Guys!
            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Proud of ya

Comment

Nice job.Congrats
                Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Originally posted by Nwilkins View Post
                  Proud of ya
                  Thanks Dad.....lol
                  sigpic
                  Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

BTW Chip has been sworn to secrecy, I don't have enough walk in spots. so if he slips and tells anyone he will drop from 6'7" down to 5'8", so if you like him, don't even ask..

JK
                    http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

I heard you guys were trolling from the back of the bolivar ferry!!

Comment

Good wade guys !
                        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
                          Good wade guys !

x2

Comment

WTG Chip...nice fish!
                            chest deep to chip is eye level
                            for some of us!!!LOL
                            Captain Glenn Stevens
                            Coastal Guide Service
                            www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Originally posted by shallowist View Post
                              BTW Chip has been sworn to secrecy, I don't have enough walk in spots. so if he slips and tells anyone he will drop from 6'7" down to 5'8", so if you like him, don't even ask..

JK
                              He will talk...I promise!

Good job there big guy!
                              Don't be a Nancy!
                              If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Working...
                              X