12-30 West Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12-30 West Bay

What a great day in West. Started off very slow, water was freezing and I couldnt locate any bait along the stretch of shoreline I cruised by. Cut two wades without a bump. Thought I was going to get skunked but the last spot was the ticket. Waded some mud in 2ft of water throwing into a 4ft gut. Did not see one mullet but with the water temp at 47-48 figured they would be as deep as they could get. from 430 to 6 I had 9 healthy trout, most were around 19 and 20 but had one good fish just a little bit under 23 & 4lbs. Released everything except the bigger trout because she inhaled the corky. Left them biting at dark, if you want to night wade I think now is the time to do it..Hope everyone has a happy new year and be safe on the roads...

Thanks for the report Alex. Very nice!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

nice trip way t let them live another day.
      10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

the morning bite was nothing for us....good job.ttu wader
        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Good job!
          Don't be a Nancy!
          If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Way to go man...I fished earlier tin the day on the outgoing around clear lake...it was a tough morning. Had to call it an early day because my buddy had to get back in town for the Texas bowl. Hope we can fish before we head back for the spring semester.

Oh yeah...I'll be headed to San Antonio tomorrow to watch ruffin mcneil's red raiders...wow...you making the trip?

Comment

Nice work,

Rockin Ruffin's Red Raiders Rules

Comment

Thanks for the report and tips, congratulations with those nice fish !!!
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Nice Pics! Glad you got on em!
                  Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by cdini View Post
                    Way to go man...I fished earlier tin the day on the outgoing around clear lake...it was a tough morning. Had to call it an early day because my buddy had to get back in town for the Texas bowl. Hope we can fish before we head back for the spring semester.

Oh yeah...I'll be headed to San Antonio tomorrow to watch ruffin mcneil's red raiders...wow...you making the trip?
                    You need to show me how to fish Clear Lake, I live there and I have only fished it once. I'm about to head to Austin to meet up with my girfriend and hangout here for the night then go to the game. Still don't have tickets yet. Still can't believe he's gone, I actually just got a text from my friend that sent me a link called www.firemeyers.com hahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by TTU Wader View Post
                      You need to show me how to fish Clear Lake, I live there and I have only fished it once. I'm about to head to Austin to meet up with my girfriend and hangout here for the night then go to the game. Still don't have tickets yet. Still can't believe he's gone, I actually just got a text from my friend that sent me a link called www.firemeyers.com hahaha.
                      Why didn't you just ask...I ended up giving them (2 tickets)to some *** clown here at work 2 days ago! I'm just kidding about that *** clown part, but I did give them away.
                      Don't be a Nancy!
                      If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Good job Alex....! Thank you for sharing your experience and picture....!
                        Last edited by Hogie70; January 1, 2010, 12:35 PM.
                        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

thanks for the report..ill be going tomorrow!

Comment

Kid's a fishing machine. Good thing he lives in Lubbock 9 months of the year or there wouldn't be any fish left in West Bay for the rest of us. LOL!
                            Honk if you love Jesus.
                            Text while driving if you want to meet him.

Comment

awesome trip. congrats
                              XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Working...
                              X