West Bay Armada 1/2/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Bay Armada 1/2/10

Capt Clint and I went fishing again today.. Left the house at noon and started cutting drifts over deep shell along with the rest of the Armada..

Ended up the day with 19 trout , 3 flounder and 2 reds... No dinks for us today, all trout were over 17 with biggest going about 21

On another note, when fishing the armada please think about what your doing. We saw many people who would finished a drift, then run back through where they just drifted and start drifting the same spot again. Not only does this affect the fish, its affects everyone else who is trying to cut drifts as well... I know its tough sometimes with alot of boats, but there are some things people just need to think about.

Its been a good last two days, i hope its enough to hold me for 2 months lol

Thomas
    Capt. Thomas Barlow
    281-827-6815
    www.notoriousguideservice.com

Good Going !!!
    With an east wind and high pressure 30.30, I would have guessed it would have been an off day. Just shows what I know.

Comment

Glad you got to catch a few before the surgery....Good luck!
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Good job again, Good luck on your shoulder overhaul...
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by Texxan1 View Post
          Capt Clint and I went fishing again today.. Left the house at noon and started cutting drifts over deep shell along with the rest of the Armada..

Ended up the day with 19 trout , 3 flounder and 2 reds... No dinks for us today, all trout were over 17 with biggest going about 21

On another note, when fishing the armada please think about what your doing. We saw many people who would finished a drift, then run back through where they just drifted and start drifting the same spot again. Not only does this affect the fish, its affects everyone else who is trying to cut drifts as well... I know its tough sometimes with alot of boats, but there are some things people just need to think about.

Its been a good last two days, i hope its enough to hold me for 2 months lol

Thomas
          We fished out their to and people would run right infront of our drifts right over where the fish were holding. One guy started drifting right infront of us. But we all cought fish thats all that matters.

Comment

Hey Thomas, glad you and Clint found em again today. Glad to get to meet you this morning. Hope to see you all at the weigh in.

Prayers sent for successful surgery and recovery!
            Scott
            "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

sounds like ya'll were on'um today...WTG....
              I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Best on the surgery Thomas

Comment

Good luck with the surgery Thomas and remember the most important part of it is doing the therapy.

Comment

Nice job! Hope you heal up quick so you can get back on em! Good Luck!
                    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

I with you on that, I am getting to the point I can not figure this system out, so I am going to quit thinking and just start fishing.

Originally posted by Root Canal View Post
                      Good Going !!!
                      With an east wind and high pressure 30.30, I would have guessed it would have been an off day. Just shows what I know.
                      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Tro-Trout View Post
                        We fished out their to and people would run right infront of our drifts right over where the fish were holding. One guy started drifting right infront of us. But we all cought fish thats all that matters.
                        Only Winter time bay system I know that you can do this in and, for the most part, it really doesn't matter.
                        Don't be a Nancy!
                        If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Very nice results of quality fish !! Thanks for the drifting reminder , but you know that has always happened and always will. People either don't know better or don't care. Good luck with your surgery and recuperation.
                          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Ive lived on west bay long enough to know that it will always happen, but i have to vent a few times each winter lol

Originally posted by plugger View Post
                            Very nice results of quality fish !! Thanks for the drifting reminder , but you know that has always happened and always will. People either don't know better or don't care. Good luck with your surgery and recuperation.
                            Capt. Thomas Barlow
                            281-827-6815
                            www.notoriousguideservice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Root Canal View Post
                              Good Going !!!
                              and a full moon too. go figure. all the excuses i've used over the years were all present and we still caught fish. i give. i'm just fishing when i can. lol
                              michelle

Comment

Working...
                              X