Clear All

• Tough day

Keith (Hogie 70) and I hit it early this am. Conditions were perfect:
    Air temp - 52 degrees
    Water Temp - 45 degrees
    Wind - 15 up to mid 20s SSE
    Skies - Drizzling to medium hard rain
    Water Clarity - green to 3'

We started fishing shell and mud 1-4' around deeper holes, guts and drop offs. We made several long wades and saw 0 bait and no bites.
    Saw a nice mud streak with quite a few birds (Loons, Gulls and Pelicans, but none feeding) and made a few drifts without a bite and 0 bait.
    Drifted another deep channel without a bite and 0 bait and decided to call it a day when the rain started coming down pretty hard and the wind switched to the SE at about 25 and the rod tip broke off of the new rod that I bought at the boat show last night.

Gonna have to find some somewhere else on Sunday.
    Last edited by imhammer; January 14, 2010, 06:53 PM.
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

tough indeed .chip which brand of rod that the tip broke off........maybe they will replace it..i would wish you good luck sunday .....but
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

good report thanks better luck next outing
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

If you can't find 'em, uh oh.
        Sorry about your new rod, sounds defective

Comment

The rod is a Woodee and has a lifetime warranty. It is a great Rod with the IM10 blank....extremely sensitive.
          We will find em Sunday!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

i just bought one of those rods at the boat show and they are great i love it. going to get another and they handle redfish great but thats the only fish ive caught with it so far. did you get the titanium or pro series? i have the 6'6 ball handle medium fast titanium series

Comment

Sounds like it was a tough day -- Chip you usually catch at least a few when nobody else can. Thanks for the report. I'm gonna try this weekend -- not sure where to start though.
              Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

yall will get them sunday..goodluck!!

Comment

Well, now you know where they are not. I happen to know where the largest trout of the tournament will be on Sunday, but you all probably know it too.

Sunday will be a different day. Go get em!
                  Scott
                  "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
                    The rod is a Woodee and has a lifetime warranty. It is a great Rod with the IM10 blank....extremely sensitive.
                    We will find em Sunday!

gary will replace it. i broke a rod he gave me 2 years ago and he told me last week to bring it back and he'd replace it??lol nice guy. good rods.
                    michelle

Comment

Thanks for the report, I haven't done too well this winter when the water is 46 deg. or less.

Comment

Originally posted by troutchaser213 View Post
                        i just bought one of those rods at the boat show and they are great i love it. going to get another and they handle redfish great but thats the only fish ive caught with it so far. did you get the titanium or pro series? i have the 6'6 ball handle medium fast titanium series
                        6'9" Pro w/ball handle.
                        sigpic

Comment

sorry big guy...i think Jeremy has a chip voodoo doll....LOL
                          Captain Glenn Stevens
                          Coastal Guide Service
                          www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Chip, sorry to hear about your trip. Sounds like the conditions are not right. Not sure what all the rain will do for the tourny, but we will see what happens.
                            LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

tough day for sure.bummer on the new rod
                              Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Working...
                              X