Saturday Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Report

Fished the tournament on Saturday. Got to the reef I wanted to fish...maybe 75 yards away. Hop out of the boat and that's when the other boat roared in on top of it and anchored. Granted I was 75 yards away but I was certainly headed in that direction. Fished the area and strung one 16" and threw back another dink. The boat was throwing shrimp and wearing out small ones. I stayed and watched him for an hour before deciding to move and get my two reds. Glad I did. Absolutely hammered the redfish. Made a drift that was roughly 200 yards along a shoreline and would have five fish roughly per drift...all being lower slot or just under. Repeated it a few times. Not really huge tournament fish but two of them combined for a weight at least 11 pounds with my small trout. Having so much fun I just stayed till around 11:00. Cruised around hoping to find trout, got bored, and went back. By this time it's 1:00 and they are on the shore and I got to site cast all afternoon. They were hyper aggressive and I caught 30 fish.

On a funny note...I did get one flounder in the boat maybe 18" to add to the stringer for the tourney. Unhooked him, picked him up, turned to box him and slipped on the deck and went down hard...fish of course went right in the water. I know no one on here has ever done something like that! I am good for one stupid Brad trick about every other trip.

Finally, a shout out to Mike IBTSOOM and his passion for all the 70's Gold requests he made to the DJ guy at the weigh in. Lara and I were extremely proud of you for getting in touch with your feminine side like that.
    sigpic

What can I say.. I'm secure in my manhood..
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Nice report. I did that before but I also went overboard with fish still in hand.
      Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Sounds like you had a great time on the Reds. WTG.

Comment

Thank you for the interesting report !
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Finally, a shout out to Mike IBTSOOM and his passion for all the 70's Gold requests he made to the DJ guy at the weigh in. Lara and I were extremely proud of you for getting in touch with your feminine side like that.[/QUOTE]

.... That's how it started for Catalan Jenner .
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Har har...
              Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Comment

Sounds like you located herd og hogs...! Nice going!

Comment

Man, I have so much to learn.
                    Green grass and high tides forever
                    Mike Mathena

Comment

Haha, nice! We were enjoying the karaoke before the event.

Comment

Working...
                      X