Need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help

MAN.... I have my robalo for sale and have been discovering places to fish from the beach. Havnt decided wheather or not to start wading. Anywho... I went to the state park by lake como. I parked in the far west and walked a hundred yards to one of the fingers that had a little creek leading to a pond... Here's where I need help... THERE WERE FISH EVERWHERE in the saltwater fed pond. I didn't get a bite... Tried topwaters, soft plastics, trout killers, tried using suspending baits but it was too shallow and kept getting tied up in the oysters. Fish constantly moving around,gulping, swirling, chasing... Talk about frustrating. I couldn't tell if they were big mullet or redfish or trout. I walked up to the spot and though "jesus H... This is going to be rediculous..." But NOTHING... With topwaters, I worked it real slow. I would give the spook jr a twitch after 5 seconds of a pause and I could see the fish swim AWAY from the bait. So what do you guys think? I am so frustrated with what was going on. I never could figure out what fish were there.

big mullet.should have throw a castnet at them.
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Sounds like big mullet......you should have waded como and found bait in there to fish.
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

if u cast net them and ull see that they are big mullet probalary...u shoulve either waded como or state park!

Comment

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
          Sounds like big mullet......you should have waded como and found bait in there to fish.
          took the words out of my mouth !
          Captain Glenn Stevens
          Coastal Guide Service
          www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

How big of mullet do you fish with?! I saw one jump and it was like a foot long. What size hook would you use? say I start wading... what type of waders do you suggest.. Gear etc?

Comment

Working...
            X