Hunting West Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunting West Bay

Anybody hunt greens, karankawa lakes? Are there any legal boundaries of where you can and can't hunt?

I'm sure someone can give you an answer here. I heard some shooting on the South Shore this past Sunday. Saw several groups of teal working the area.

Comment

I dont hunt those but you can. It will be crowded. GO get 'em
      sigpic

Comment

I think as long as you are in the (tide) water in a boat or "blind" and not on any land, you should be ok...don't know about the back parts of Green's. Just expect a lot of fishermen this time of year also...Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by SCHU View Post
          I think as long as you are in the (tide) water in a boat or "blind" and not on any land, you should be ok...don't know about the back parts of Green's. Just expect a lot of fishermen this time of year also...Good luck!
          Be careful Halls Bayou Ranch will drive out to you with a fully loaded SKS and demand you move & claim they've called the Game Wardens... Trust me I know!
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
            Be careful Halls Bayou Ranch will drive out to you with a fully loaded SKS and demand you move & claim they've called the Game Wardens... Trust me I know!
            Sounds like a good place to fly a big kite from your boat-a very brightly colored one with a long tail-and have several back ups. Not so sure how'd I take someone with a sks threatening me-coast guard, GW and PoPo would be called by ME.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

good time to drive to the headquarters off 2004 for a long talk game warden included. Best way to sort it out
              MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                Thing is... I've heard rumors that the ranch lets game wardens hunt out there in payment for having their back in situations like this. It just not worth all the hassle to risk it and hunt around there. Imagine waking up at 3am, hauling all your stuff out there, setting up, then having the club come try and run you off. Even if you're in the right, it'll be a waste of a morning cuz they will argue with you till you leave.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcatchr View Post
                  Thing is... I've heard rumors that the ranch lets game wardens hunt out there in payment for having their back in situations like this. It just not worth all the hassle to risk it and hunt around there. Imagine waking up at 3am, hauling all your stuff out there, setting up, then having the club come try and run you off. Even if you're in the right, it'll be a waste of a morning cuz they will argue with you till you leave.
                  Oh I know all too well.
                  We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

The N. shoreline and marsh sounded like a LOT of people hunting back there. Must have been a group of young guys West of Caranchua. It sounded like every bird got 15 rounds. I could smell the gunpowder in the bay.
                    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Working...
                    X