quick trip to westbay 02.15.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick trip to westbay 02.15.10

man my uncle called me at the last minute saying he is on the big trout so i headed out to meet him at fatboys but change of plans he wanted to meet at tiki island so MAN IT WAS WINDY AND COLD AND LOW!!! got to the spot around 4....i immediately caught my first trout at 27" 7 lb class...i wouldve brought my phone but battery is dead and i dont wanna drop it in the water since my hands were cold lol...then my uncle just hooked one up after i released mine..his went 27 1/2" 8 lbs!!! hes lucky!!! released! Then maybe 2 casts later bam!! another trout for me at 26" 6 lb class then released then 2 more trout 25" and 26"...After that we just kept grinding at the same spot the whole time then finally got our limit to bring home for dinner..He said he caught 5 over 25 inches before i fished with him then he texted me..he is lucky but despite the condition we did good...rest of the trout was 15 to 22" and we got off around 615..but this is weird right after we caught all the fish rest of them died quickly and froze whats up with that? We were fishing mud mud mud with scattered reef at 3 to 4.5 ft...i didn't have to change bait at all the whole time.. he used amber and texas chicken something corky fatboy and i used pink and pearl devil eye corky...both worked the best..oh yea tide was coming in and they were hungry!
    Attached Files

Frick and Frack! I was at work and there was fish catching goin on! Good going out there fellers. I hope I have yálls luck later in the week.
    Scott
    "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Unbelievable! I can't get a bite recently and your uncle is on 6-8 pound fish and two limits.
      "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Very Nice!! Thanks for the report!
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

yea he shouldve texted me before he left so i wouldve caught more than he did...hahaha jk but next time hell call

Comment

awesome report! thought about loading the yak up after school today but diddnt feel like bearing the wind and cold. guess i shouldve just manned up lol

Comment

Good job Ryan...! Once I get off this shutdown its on like donkey kong.... I'm thinking Sunday or Monday maybe even sooner....
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

WTG Ryan.....Nice to see a good report!
                sigpic
                Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

thanks guys..im thinking about going this weekend..the condition looks better so i want to go!

Comment

Good reports have all been on bad weather days lately.May have something to do with less boat traffic?

Comment

yea maybe...wasnt very many boats out there today.

Comment

Awesome trip, thanks for posting the report with us.

I need to get down there quick, fast, and in a hurry.
                        "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

dang i was on the beach in surfside today moaning and groaning about the north wind.......and ya'll were tearing them up.....waytogo
                          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

sweeeet! great job ryan.
                            michelle

Comment

Great trip and pictures!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X