8 mile rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 mile rd

Hey guys! im planning on going out to 8 mile thursday (i havent looked at the weather report yet...) but I was wondering how far out can you wade and be below chest level? If I use that busted pier as a point of reference, to the right of the pier is a cove with houses along the shore. to the left of the pier is a marsh like area. straight out in front of the pier is just open water, and straight and to the left of the pier is an island like area. Im concerned about drop offs and invisible oyster beds. (i fell once walking in the direction of the homes and cut my hand pretty good). So Im just curious, where should I wade/walk?

( ) 1 1
    ( ) 1 1
    ( ) 1 1 {}{}{}{}{}{}{}

From my diagram the 11 is the pier; the {} are the houses; and the () is the island area..

It depends on the tide how far you can wade out. I wouldnt get too too far out because that area is somewhat of a boat lane when you get away from the shoreline. That whole area has lots of shell and a few small debris from the storm. Just walk slow and you will be fine.

Comment

boat lane is correct its like rows of boats in lines. well during the weekend it is but you should be fine on a sunny day and good water you can see drop off usually.
      good luck

Comment

ooops... the makeshif diagram i drew up didnt come out right!!!!

Comment

I was suppose to be in Matagorda Thursday but my trip got canceled. I'm going solo Thursday and got room in the boat if you wanna ride along. gonna do some wading somewhere in West Bay.

AQUA PIMP
          AQUA PIMP......
          "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

What a invite you better jump on that.
            10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Look at Google Earth and you can see the guts around the little Islands. They will vary in depth depending on water level, but none drop off suddenly, you can tell you are starting to get deeper. Wear an inflatable PFD.... you will feel safer and it's always a smart thing to do anyhow.
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

damn wish I could sneak out on Thursday!!

Comment

Wasn't there some kind of nuclear plant near-accident there?

Comment

I can sneek out on thursday ...and will split gas with you greg...

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
                      Wasn't there some kind of nuclear plant near-accident there?
                      im pretty sure those fish are radioactive. you definitely do not want to go there..

Comment

Zach, you know I don't eat those toxic trout anyways

Comment

Working...
                        X