Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• south jetty

is the south jetty open yet?
    also... is their a jetty close to surfside beach?

Huh? Oh you mean by car-I don't know as to Galveston's. As far as surfside, yes you can get there. Try Google Earth-bluewater highway till it dead ends as I recall. The western jetty at surfside is the Quintana Jetty. Use Google earth to navigate around-it'll help ya.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

what about the jetty at the end of sea wall boulevard... the ferry end?

Comment

N. Jetty - Bolivar side of Galveston ferry, free easy parking, flat-topped so it's easy to walk. You can't go out past the boat cut. Pretty shallow from what I've seen. Good crabbing on Gulf side during warmer months.

S. Jetty - on East Beach in Galveston. Get there early during the summer or you will have to pay $9 to get in. Only paved for 150 yards or so. Some wash-outs make it hard to walk past the paved area, except for days with lower tides or calm surf. Difficult to walk on (not flat topped or paved). Deep on both sides. You have to drive through E. Beach sand, but you shouldn't get stuck if you are careful.

Surfside Jetty - At Surfside (duh). Free and easy parking. Paved all the way to the end. Deep water on both sides. Crowed since it is so easy.

Quintana Jetty - At Quintana Beach (the S. Jetty of the Freeport Channel). Never been there. I hear it has free parking. I hear it is not flat topped or paved.

Pick you jetty based on the wind direction that protects the area you want. Dogma is channel side on incoming tide, gulf side on outgoing. Washovers are great spots to fish. The jetties further down the coast get summer surf trout earlier in the year than the Galveston Jetties.

That help ya?

Comment

Oh yeah, there's a subforum for jetties too. Technically this is for W. Bay

Comment

appreciate it! it did. i posted it here cause the jetty forum seems to be much less active lol... at least this time of year!

Comment

The wonderful City of Galveston is planning another raid on us-those worthless council and Parks Board want to make Bodekker road a "no parking" area, so you'd have to pay and park at Apfel (for no dang facilities which was the reason they "charged" the fee in the first place)-that and false promises to keep those bait camps (long gone) operating by not allowing fill of the channel that served those ramps at base of South Jetty-bunch of liars!!
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                Huh? Oh you mean by car-I don't know as to Galveston's. As far as surfside, yes you can get there. Try Google Earth-bluewater highway till it dead ends as I recall. The western jetty at surfside is the Quintana Jetty. Use Google earth to navigate around-it'll help ya.
                Speaking of google earth.... I was using it the other day and "ROBALO" popped up as a spot.... did you ad yourself to google earth?

Comment

Haha, I saw that. In Pirate's right? I saw it and thought it was WEA's boat specifically. At that time I didn't know Robalo was a brand...

Comment

Working...
                  X