No announcement yet.

friday morning recon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was some nasty stuff out there earlier! Glad you guys and gals made it back!
    Michelle, how many mullet did you see again?
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
      I got caught on the N. shoreline when the second band of rain hit right after lunch or so. It started raining & blowin' hard fast. Then the first lightning and this old dude was power wading to shore. I laid down with my back against a shell bank and just waited for a while then made my break for home. That's when the really hard rain and hail started with some serious lightning everywhere. I parked under the old JB club house, tied off and got under the house till it was done.
      Me and everything in the boat got soaked..........nice out now!

The good news was the stakeout stik held and the boat didn't sink.
      wow kenny, i must have made it back just in time around one or so. i didn't see any lightning. i went out around 930 and made it to the end of the canal and came home . the rain stopped so i went out again and it was beautiful for about an hour and a half. i saw the storm coming later from around chocolate and ran back in but it caught me going back. i was already in waders and a jacket so i wasn't too bad. did i mention that i saw not one, but two mullet???
      wind update, 5:12 pm. oh crap, at least 35 or so. the neighbor's flag on her deck is blowing upwards. lol

Comment

I saw 1 lightining strike.That was enough for me.

Comment

I was wading with my wade jacket tucked inside my waders, so when it started raining buckets it ran slowly down inside my waders.....I have everything dry or drying now for fishing tomorrow afternoon when the weather liars predict the N wind will drop to around 10 mph.......yeah right, sure it will!
          "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

only 2
            the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

She saw 2 more than I did.

Comment

Thanks for the report. Glad the north shore is warming up. I can't wait for spring to finally come and hit the honey holes.

Comment

Thanks for the laugh Michelle
                  I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

LOL! Sounds like my last trip, but i only saw one mullet. Great report.
                    Honk if you love Jesus.
                    Text while driving if you want to meet him.

Comment

Thanks for the good stuff Michelle
                      "Dream Team Charter Member"

Comment

Yesterday while I was waiting out the storm under a vacant house, I watched a guy in a Beaver skiff? in the main canal heading out into the bay. It was raining sideways and thunder and lightning and this guy has his two dogs, a golden and a lab with him. Now that was crazy!
                        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Yesterday while I was waiting out the storm under a vacant house, I watched a guy in a Beaver skiff? in the main canal heading out into the bay. It was raining sideways and thunder and lightning and this guy has his two dogs, a golden and a lab with him. Now that was crazy!
                          Some people just aren't right in the head.
                          "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

While fishing yesterday and not catching anything but one 12" red, I watched a Tri Colored Heron catch and eat six or seven mullet.
                            Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

Comment

Hope his bilge pump was working. Those things will fill up quick.
                              Honk if you love Jesus.
                              Text while driving if you want to meet him.

Comment

Michelle:

I think those "Mullet" would scare away the fish-they prolly think some inbreeding would happen.
                                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
                                X