afternoon troutskis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• afternoon troutskis

Got a call from an old friend, who I haven't really gotten to fish with much over the last few years. he was itching to get on the water, and I really didn't feel like hanging around the house. We hit two of my old faithful walk in spots, the first for numbers and the second to see if we could find an upgrade. Scott "big trout" Wallace has always been one of the most deicated "grinders" that I've know. When we got to the first spot, he had a Corky tied on, even though I told him that it was a plastics spot, he felt obligated to prove me wrong. Damn, I hate it when people school me in my own spots.

No biggy, I played with a few new baits that I've been trying to perfect, and then gave in and caught a few. We caught probably 10 trout, and missed a few bites. The water was very clear, with tons of submerged "snot grass", I would think it was in the mid to upper 50's, some bait showing, and the wind was blowing. We kept 3 from the first spot, all around 16-17, and released the little ones with an order to grow up big.

We hit the second spot for a sunset/moonrise bite, and they were right on time. We hadn't made 5 casts when Scott hooked up the first trout. Still on the Corky. Water was again very clear, and there was very little bait showing, but the fish were there and happy. We were only at this spot for about an hour, same as the first spot, and landed 7 keepers here. The fish at spot number 2 were better, but still had a few throwbacks. We kept 7 more trout to make a single limit, between 17 and about 24. It was a great time hanging out with a good friend. Looking forward to a lot more days like this one!

Scott is about two weeks out from competing in his third bodybuilding competition and can only eat white meat, so the ten trout made the trip home with him. I have no doubt that they will go to good use.
    http://www.theshallowist.com

How about a picture you say?? Doooo!
    Attached Files

Comment

great job today steve!! nice trout

Comment

nice catching,good job
        Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Nice work, thanks for the report.
          "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Nice job. Chip I told you we needed to go to West!!

Comment

Originally posted by FP10 View Post
              Nice job. Chip I told you we needed to go to West!!
              Jeremy, How's that valet service and boat backing business coming along? LOL. Just takes a little practice and you'll look like a pro, don't let that crap discourage you.

Comment

Actually I got it down. I got there about 15 minutes before Chip, and had already got the boat wet a few times before he got there. I practiced a little under the bridge first. Then he left early, so I had to back up the trailer load the boat and put it in the driveway on my own and I did it fine. I am ready now!! Next is to find some fish, lol!!

Comment

Nice report Steve.
                  LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Working...
                  X