sportsmans 2/28/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sportsmans 2/28/10

put the yak in the water around 12 and fished around for a little while, while waiting on ryan (extremewaderdude88) and his friend to meet me down there to fish. we went to a mud streak and about the 3rd cast i got a nice 23in trout. was going to let her go but she swallowed my lure. jumped out and started wading the streaks and about 15 minutes later i caught a 17in flounder. we fished the streaks for about an hour or 2 more with only 1 or 2 more bites. went to another spot to try but with only 1 or 2 bites in an hour or 2 so i decided to walk back and go to were the mud streaks were. as i was walking back i was looking at were i was walking and 2 stingrays shuffled out in front of me. scarred the crap out of me to say the least. kayaked to were i was at the mud streaks and ryan and his friend stayed there.fished for about 15 min and the sun was going down and bam i got a god hit fallowed by the head shake. got the trout to the kayak and it came unbuttoned. pretty nice trout but no big deal cant atch them all. ended up with 2 more good trout out of that spot and alot of missed bites and coming unbuttoned once i set the hook. they diddnt really thump the lure. all you felt was your line go tight and then a head shake and it was on!!!. very soft bite but ended the day with 3 trout all between 22 and 24in and a 17 in flounder. ryan lost a couple of redfish but that was it for the day

tight lines,
    taylor
    Attached Files

Nice job Taylor! Good to see you guys are getting out there some. It sure was pretty this afternoon.
    http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

yes it was very nice out. water was low but oh well not everything can be perfect

Comment

forgot to put that all fish were caught on plum/white ttf trout killer in about 4-6 feet of water over mud

Comment

Thanks for the report
          "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

it wasnt my day..lost 3 reds..one broke off and other two came unbuttoned..lol taylor did good!

Comment

man i was doing the same thing with the same bait and everything, only got 3 undersize trout and a bunch of bites but thats it

Comment

it was still fun though ryan. the bites were very soft and some would just peck it and let go i only caught 2 undersize trout

Comment

Nice report and fish, good going out there. It has been rough going the last few weekends, so congrats to whomever finds the fish.
                  LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Working...
                  X