3-3-2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-3-2010

Got on the water about 0545 and off about 1645 to haul butt to the rodeo. Ran pretty much all of west bay from san-luis back to the causeway. Water was very very low and very very very clear. Made a bunch of wades and couldn't find any bait. Later on during the day found a bunch of mullet jumping on this one shore line, like one every minute, and didn't get a bite. We fished all day and very hard and only ended up catching three or four over sized reds and broke off with three more. and a couple small trout that came from a drift right before we left. It was obvious that the fish were starting to bite when we had to leave but they were all small. I wish i was on one of the other shore lines at that time but time was killing me and had to get home.
    I was throwing a variety of light and dark corkies most of the day and dad was throwing a dark assasin. Also tried a super spook and other plastics. The wind was very calm there for a few hours also.
    It wasnt a very successfull day but i guess any bad day on the water is better then a best day at work. good luck to all and hope people did better then us.
    Eddie
    19 ShoalCat w/ 130 Etec

Sounds like a busy day. Any day fishing with your pop has to be a good day on the water.

Comment

At least you got out and got some slime on the boat!

Comment

yep its great. Its always good fishing with him.
        19 ShoalCat w/ 130 Etec

Comment

at least you got out there and stretched your line.thanks for the report
          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

You tried !! Thanks for the report .
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Thanks for the report.

That late afternoon bite is gonna start hoppin with these warming temps.
              "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Yep it seemed like the bite started about 1600 or so and i wish i would have fished to dark to see what it would produce.
                19 ShoalCat w/ 130 Etec

Comment

thanks for the report. i'll give it a try in the morning.
                  michelle

Comment

Thanks from here too! I'm gonna try to sneak away from work a bit early tomorrow and try it also.. Still trying to decide where to start.
                    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Thanks for the report and good going out there with your pops, I wish mine wanted to fish.
                      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Working...
                      X