Girls on Tops!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girls on Tops!

Went out for a few hours with "2 Mullet" Michelle and found some nice trout on tops to about 20" in the south shoreline coves -- we threw 5 different colors and sizes -- SS Jr. and Skitterwalk in baby trout pattern, Bone Ghost, hothead SS Jr. and a chartreuse-headed she-pup. Lots of action, but not as much "commitment" as we'd have liked -- very acrobatic roll-overs and all-out air-bombing but they'd totally miss and not even come back to try again. Fun day though, and being the topwater ho' I am, I'll take a few on tops over a limit on plastics any day. (Did I mention I SUCK on plastics?)

LOTS of bait when we got there at 8, about over by 10-ish when the tide slacked. Hard to believe we went from 2 mullet to bait city in a week.

Happy Spring, folks!
    Julie

Good stuff guys...i mean girls...thanks for the report.
    "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Thanks for the report Julie! Hope to see you and Michelle on the water this weekend.

Comment

Awesome job!! I will be out there Sunday!

Comment

Dang it Michelle& Julie i could have been in B.V. by two oclock today but didn't relize until early am today.......looks like ya'll had fun.....good job!
          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Nice Job! thanks for the report!
            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Very nice

AQUA PIMP
              AQUA PIMP......
              "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
                Dang it Michelle& Julie i could have been in B.V. by two oclock today but didn't relize until early am today.......looks like ya'll had fun.....good job!
                we were off the water by 330 chris. the crawfish craving was bigger than the trout craving so we went out for some bugs. plus, julie was outfishing me big time so i decided to find an excuse to leave. lol let us know about saturday.

for those interested, water temp in the south shoreline coves was 66 at 8am. temp on the north shoreline was 65 around 3 oclock. there are probably still only 2 mullet on the north side, but the south shoreline has plenty. the bite was on when we got in the water at 8. currently it's really foggy here in bayou vista. it was patchy most of the day.
                michelle

Comment

Originally posted by aqua pimp View Post
                  Very nice

AQUA PIMP
                  Oh no...I'm experiencing DeJa 2Cool...lol...here ya go, Greg, from 1st wade...(Heard you missed some real big girls from Michelle on your cell phone...you'd better get that fixed, bro.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Great report Girls....Thanks!
                    sigpic
                    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

great job!
                      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Way to go ladies. save some for me, can't get there for a few days. It's been a topwater kind of week, I heard

BTW- did you see your two mullet friends, or did they already get eaten?
                        http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

LOTS of bait when we got there at 8, about over by 10-ish when the tide slacked. Hard to believe we went from 2 mullet to bait city in a week.
                          Those were two purdy prolific mullets!
                          There's a JT joke in there somewhere.

Comment

Nice work girls, what a day to be on the water!!

Comment

Nice report and catch,congrats.
                              Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Working...
                              X