Sometimes You Take What's There

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes You Take What's There

I had planned to fish mid-day as it looked like a better bite maybe, but before dawn when I went out it was dead calm and warm enough. I had a few spots on the S. shoreline in mind, then Steve mentioned the fish are still on shell. That sealed the deal.
    I staked out at dawn and started wading shell/mud throwing a topwater then a Corky devil. It was slick calm and the tide was low. I caught several then switched to small BA paddle tail and it was on. A fish almost every cast. They were all 16"-18" and I didn't count but more than 20 I'd guess.....turned off about 8:30-9:00.
    It wasn't big trout fishing but it was beautiful morning and a heck of a lot of fun!
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Nice job....kenny do you just walk in or boatride then slip out of the boat?just wondering
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Nice job Kenny! It sure was a nice day on the water.

Comment

NICE

Comment

sweet kenny!
          "Nobody's so poor that democrats can't get rich screwing 'em."
          boom

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
            Nice job....kenny do you just walk in or boatride then slip out of the boat?just wondering
            Boat ride. I used to walk to fish jumbile cove and the park.
            "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Nice job Kenny....it was definitely slick out there!
              sigpic
              Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Nice, sounds like a great morning.
                Fire Gerald Myers and Kent Hance!

Comment

Sweet!
                  the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Nice going Kenny.
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Great report Kenny! For the little time Chip and I were out there, it seemed like the 4th of July with all the boats running around.

Comment

Good yob Kenny...
                        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by MELL WADER View Post
                          Great report Kenny! For the little time Chip and I were out there, it seemed like the 4th of July with all the boats running around.
                          The bite was pretty much over before I had the first potlicker show up! You're right though, by 9:30 it was like Lake Travis with the wakes sloshing every different direction.
                          Heading out yesterday evening there was a grownup?? on a jetski hauling azz out around and in. He was head down, WOT heading toward the main canal without looking as I came out and was motoring West. The jackarse finally looks up and sees me cuts a hard right....did I mention he was a f*****g moron?
                          "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Nice job.Congrats
                            Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Sounds like a great trip!! thanks for the report!

Comment

Working...
                              X