3/17/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/17/10

Me and the girlfriend got out on the water about 3 in the morning to do a little floundering before we looked for trout. We got on a shoreline and saw about 15 really nice flounder beds. but no one home. the tide was pretty much at low and was going to start coming in by about 330 or so where we were. The beds looked kind of deep imprinted so i was thinking that maybe a boat came through here and gigged them already and when the flounder was stuck it fluttered and made the deep imprints. Or maybe we just missed the flounder cause they are on the shoreline on an outgoing tide. i have no idea what we did wrong and looking for advice. once the sun came up we went to the southshoreline to make a couple wades. Not much bait, so we went to another shoreline and same situtaion with the bait. didnt catch any fish wading on soft mud or anything. Then made a bunch of drifts and ended up the day with 2 flounder and 1 trout, and one or two small trout. one flounder was caught gigging. Off the water at 1600. It was a beautiful day to be out but the fish just didnt want to bite although we might have left them biting but we were very tired and hungery so we headed in. Will be back out friday
    Last edited by YellowCat; March 18, 2010, 11:33 AM.
    19 ShoalCat w/ 130 Etec

Thanks for the report...better luck next time!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

good report maybe the flattys will be home next time!
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

I need to get out and do some gigging myself here soon!!

Comment

Keep after 'em!
          Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

thanks 4 the report
            the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

thanks for the report.. i was considering trying some gigging

Comment

Working...
              X