No Fish In West!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Fish In West!

Today looked perfect wind's slacked off sunny. We decided we wanted some quick action so we headed over to the streak's/oyster boats. We drifted some reel good looking streaks and caught 0 fish. Then on the way to spot #2 we realized it had been taken over by jet-skis. So we hit the coves plenty of bait no fish. So went home ate lunch.

Went back out to favorite cove in the PM and caught nothing. So we're pretty sure all the fish left west bay.

The fish must have learned the sound of your boat and ran for cover in fear of becoming dinner! Happens to me all the time!!
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

I have struggled all week! Been out four days in a row...manage a red or two and that's it...you're not alone!
      sigpic

Comment

I've been catching a few every day, but it's not "easy fishing" and I can't get much of a topwater bite at all.
        Maybe with the SE wind tonight & tomorrow the tides will come back to normal level.
        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
          The fish must have learned the sound of your boat and ran for cover in fear of becoming dinner! Happens to me all the time!!
          I need a new boat!

Comment

Originally posted by Tro-Trout View Post
            I need a new boat!
            You and me both! Thanks for the report!
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Pokey is wanting to to west tommorrow! The bite is starting too pick up in Trinity Flats! Now I'm confused!!!lmao
              Saltmadness

Comment

Last year around this time we had beautiful weather for a week and the fish did not cooperate at all in west. Sometimes those bright sunny days with no wind are the worst. Thanks for the report and stay at em.

Comment

Originally posted by TTU Wader View Post
                  Last year around this time we had beautiful weather for a week and the fish did not cooperate at all in west. Sometimes those bright sunny days with no wind are the worst. Thanks for the report and stay at em.

Yep, in the winter ans early spring the "Chamber of Commerce" weather days usually end up being poor fishing days.
                  Fire Gerald Myers and Kent Hance!

Comment

bummer.it has to get better
                    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

no luck here either
                      the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Don't feel bad, hit the water the last two days and nothing, but 2 dinks and 1 rat red with 5 spots, which was cool. Not sure what the heck is going on, but I made the decision to relax and drink some coolies!
                        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

West Bay Streaks

For the most part, fishing the streaks in West Bay is done. Many things come into play but if you read Capt. Steve's latest article on FWE you will understand why. Gater

Comment

All true.....I've been fishing this bay for 40+ years and there is about a 2-3-4 week period this time of year when w-bay can be very frustrating. Everything you thought you knew doesn't work and the fish you found yesterday are gone. The reds are a little more predictable but the trout will "school " you. Upside is the spring /early summer pattern is right around the corner and " it's on " for everybody if you put in the effort....ENJOY !
                            " What's good for me ain't necessarily good for the weak minded ."
                            Captain Augustus McCrae

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
                              i think they have learned how kayaks sound too!

Comment

Working...
                              X