March 20 report before the front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 20 report before the front

Been forever since I've been on the water. Hit West Bay. Tried Shell Island and caught one small Red right off the bat and hopeful for more and maybe some bigger ones, but didn't get anything else. We hopped back in the boat and tried some spots on the south shoreline...nothing. Went to a reef and got a dink trout on a mirrolure. Then decided to hit the north shore. Hopped out for a waded and found some Reds, this time in the slot!! My buddy hooked into the first one using a grub curly tail and as he was stringin his up, i hooked into one, using a Bull minnow... measured 21 inches. Missed a few other bites and then the front arrived, so back to the boat ramp. I'm still pretty new to West bay and don't get out much and it's been a while since i've hooked into a Red. Loved that drag screamin a little bit! We almost didn't go because of the front but I'm glad we did.

Those reds are fun...i wish i coulda been out there the morning before the front hit.

Thanks for the report.
    "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Great report....glad you got out!
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Your doing better than me.......nice job.....whats a little wind!
        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Glad you got out before it hit! Thanks for the report!
          Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Sorry i didn't get any pics. We were riding back to the ramp in the rain.

Comment

Nice report and catch.Congrats
              Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Nice report-I wouldn't want to be in that wind/rain!
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
                X